Senior Operations Associate
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Senior Supply Associate role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service working in a multi-skilled position across 3 different areas of the Training, Captain Support & Peak Management. This role involves working on a shift basis that will include some weekend work.
What you'll do
- Always be Careem to captains
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written communication for the quality policies and procedures.
- Coaching and monitor the quality on ground
- Critical/logical thinking – have to identify problems but also be able to help provide solutions to ensure efficiency and quality of the process
- Product testing and launches with the captains
- Ensure support SLAs are being met
- Knowledge of the market & competitors
What you'll need
insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core
values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Experience working in a similar role & within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/ level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
- An additional language would be desirable although not essential as English is our corporate language
- Fresh graduate or 1-2 years of work experience
- SQL knowledge is a plus
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.