Data Analytics Manager
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
The Careem Analytics team’s mission is to build and track the full lively picture for Careem businesses and experiences, uphold the experience bar, provide actionable insights, formulate problems and contribute to solving them. As part of this team, you will be a core team member fulfilling this mission. You will be working alongside the top analyst talent of the region, leveraging modern analysis and visualization tools to solve the region’s day to day problems.
What you'll do
- Ability to build a solid understanding of our business and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to deliver successful deal that create value
- Be the custodian of the key business metrics and analyses that powers business decisions
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and adapt as necessary
- Structure the analyses needed to answer key business questions, work with analysts to perform analyses and derive insights
- Translate data into insights in clear, concise and actionable presentations/reports to guide business decision and present to grocery leadership team
- Drive business growth through actionable insights
- Optimize & automate dashboards and reports to serve day-to-day data and analytics requests
- Create new data platforms where needed to unlock new types of insights
What you'll need
Successful candidates will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer centricity, and a strong alignment with our core values and purpose.
An enthusiastic and driven professional who is excited about understanding the business context and nuances, translating business asks to analytics requests, lead the analysis and derive business insights.
- 3-4+ years of work experience in analytics roles in a high-growth tech startup or similar data-heavy, product environments with at least 1 year of management & leadership experience
- Familiarity with data science methodologies, including regression analysis, clustering, and classification
- Proficient in statistical analyses, SQL, Python scripting, and Visualization skills
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex findings to various audiences in a clear manner both written and verbally
- An excellent communicator with any audience with stellar stakeholder management – You can easily explain complex concepts to people of any level
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.