Head of Product Integrity (Fraud, Risk & Payments)
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
As the head of integrity you are expected to strengthen the integrity mission of ensuring trustworthy transactions across Careem in delivering delightful experiences. You will be responsible for reducing fraud and abuse across our SuperApp Platform. You will have tremendous ownership, and it is an invitation to do the most meaningful work of your career.
- Set the integrity vision and roadmap and define annual goals for fraud and abuse prevention and protection
- Lead the development of the the integrity platform, rules, and machines learning models
- Work closely with product teams across Careem to ensure the safety of new product launches
- Work with data team to uncover trends and insights to continuously and proactively reinforce the integrity of the Careem ecosystem
- Build and improve capabilities for dispute management and collaborate with FinOps to safeguard the Careem’s interests
- Define the overall risk policy to balance fraud prevention while minimizing impact on good actors
- Build and grow a high throughput and high performance team empowered and enabled by the right tools, infrastructure and operation.
- Manage both the tactical fire fighting incidents and the strategic approach for fire prevention
- Expertise in setting-up, managing, and growing a fully-rounded integrity team and all it's supporting sub-teams: product managers, engineering, data science, integrity infra, integrity Ops, reviewers, etc
- Strong track record in delivering results and demonstrating agility in combating highly-adversarial attack patterns around financial fraud, fake accounts, and inauthentic coordinated behaviour
- Effective in influencing policies and org-wide product features and roadmaps to fix and prevent product and policies loop-holes
- Understanding of ML techniques and anti-fraud tools on the market and their positioning
- Comfortable in managing pressure and keeping a calm and structured work environment
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Experience in payments and Fintech
- Strong product leadership skills
- A minimum 3-4 years of experience in risk/integrity topics
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.