People Operations & Advisory Manager
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
This role sits within the People Operations team. Our team's core functions are split between People Operations, Colleague Advisory, People Data & Quality, and Policy & Process. The heart of our colleague's experience journey sits in the remit of this role holder. You will contribute to driving the onboarding and offboarding journey of our new joiners and colleagues alike. You will be responsible for looking after our Pakistan colleagues alongside a team of like-minded people operations gurus spread across all of Careem’s markets and verticals. You will be part of a team crafting, developing and maintaining all people processes that impact our colleagues on a day-to-day basis.
The role reports to the Associate Director - People Operations & Advisory.
What you’ll do
- Manage the Pakistan market's people operations activities from end to end, including colleague employment lifecycles, colleague advisory management, risk mapping through change management protocols by building a strong experience focused team.
- Assess, propose and develop improvement practices for colleague experiences across the business maintaining a key focus on market connections and understanding of the changing trends in requirements.
- Proactively manage Pakistan (and possibly other markets) onboarding cohort management including facilitation processes, assessment, exception processes, and evaluation of operational effectiveness in order to meet business growth models.
- Develop and support further, our colleague case management function, transitioning to a smooth implementation of workflow, communications and release throughout the business.
- Collaborate with COE’s (center of expertise) to ensure we have the best systems, processes, policies and interventions in place for the colleague life cycle at Careem.
- Manage colleague expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with wider teams, support formalization projects, such as policies, processes and guidance enabling activities, including prioritization of key business risk areas for a proactive approach. ensure that colleague perspectives are heard, noted and actionable where appropriate.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law (and the jurisdictional differences within market), EOBI, Provident Fund, organizational development, employee relations, and employment driven workflows.
- Advocate and improve collaboration between Talent Acquisition and business stakeholders in order to drive performance and best outcomes in recruitment and onboarding.
- Develop and support junior team members to improve their knowledge and operational experiences, empowering them to become advocates for best practice across the wider business.
- Build a strong support function within colleague advisory and operational experiences, including simplifying processes and practices by providing clear guidance for knowledge management.
- Work with People Operations & Systems, Finance and ERP teams towards timely fulfillment of the team's upcoming payroll, advisory and systems projects.
- Work closely alongside your line manager to enhance performance and productivity of the team's core functions, their inclusive nature, team visibility and management.
- Ensure effective compliance with international legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation changes; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising your line manager on needed actions.
- Strong storyteller with the ability to effectively embed Careem’s shared values across the wider business, reinforcing this throughout the full recruitment and colleague lifecycle
What you’ll need
- 7+ years of experience in an HR generalist role, 4 of which should be in a management position.
- Experience working with globally dispersed teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to work autonomously, providing regular updates to workflows.
- Strong ability to hit the ground running and understanding of role requirements.
- Excellent and assertive problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong understanding of international employment law and immigration practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Passion for people: relish in developing programs and procedures that attract and retain the very best talent
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management / Business Management or equivalent experience.
- CIPD related certifications are advantageous.
- Change management training is desirable.
- Fluent English and localized language, in both reading and writing.
- Additional languages are advantageous.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.