Senior Tax Specialist
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Join our team of skilled tax professionals at Careem, where as a Senior Tax Specialist, you will play a crucial role in shaping our tax strategy. Our team specializes in a range of tax disciplines, from local compliance to international tax planning. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture that fosters professional growth and values diversity in expertise. In this role, you will have the opportunity to tackle complex tax issues, making a significant impact on our business operations and compliance.
What you'll do
- The Senior Tax Specialist will be responsible for managing and facilitating the accurate preparation and filing of our company's tax returns.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with extensive experience in tax accounting, tax compliance, and tax strategy.
- Ensure compliance and reporting deadlines are met in a timely manner with correct tax reporting and filing with relevant tax authorities for all applicable taxes including but not limited to corporate income tax, withholding taxes, VAT and other similar direct and indirect taxes.
- You will work closely with business units, the global tax team and tax advisors to ensure that the organisation is adhering to tax laws and regulations.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of professional tax experience, preferably in a corporate setting or public accounting. (Big 4 tax experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of Egyptian tax laws and international tax principles.
- High learning agility of changing or new regulatory & tax legislations to preempt any business impact.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Spreadsheets.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in English and Arabic.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.