Store Operations Lead
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
What you’ll do
- Vendor Management: Take ownership of the relationship with workforce vendors, serving as the main point of contact for all vendor-related matters
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with internal stakeholders to understand workforce needs and develop strategies for workforce growth across vendors focusing on performance, cost efficiency and quality of service
- Performance and Rewards: Track and analyze picker performance metrics, such as pick per minute and put-away time, across our network of warehouses and Identify areas for improvement in picker productivity and efficiency
- Performance and Rewards: Take ownership of picker turnover and performance replacements, implementing strategies to reduce turnover and ensure a seamless transition for replacements
- Performance and Rewards: Design and implement incentive schemes, such as performance-based increments, quarterly bonuses, and recognition programs like "Store of the Month," to motivate and drive performance among pickers and superquikers
- Rosters and Scheduling: Develop and maintain an efficient shift scheduling system to meet operational requirements while considering employee preferences and availability
- Rosters and Scheduling: Analyze scheduling data and metrics to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for improvement in scheduling and roster management processes
- Hiring and Culture: Lead and manage the entire supervisor hiring process, including job posting, sourcing, screening, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Hiring and Culture: Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract high-quality supervisor candidates.
- Hiring and Culture: Create and organize activities, events, and recognition programs that foster a positive and inclusive company culture
What you’ll need
- 3-4 years of experience in a workforce management or operational role, preferably in the Grocery industry
- Proven experience in vendor management, preferably in a workforce or staffing environment.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to track and analyze performance metrics, identify areas for improvement and design/rollout incentive programs
- Experience in managing turnover and replacements in a high-paced warehouse environment
- Proven experience in workforce scheduling, roster management, or a similar role
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of recruitment best practices, including effective sourcing strategies and candidate assessment techniques
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.