Senior Manager Operations
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team:
Careem BIKE (a Careem Vertical) introduced the first public network of electric bicycles and scooters to the region.. We are excited to help improve quality of life and encourage healthier living in the UAE. The Careem BIKE stations in the UAE advance nations sustainability agenda. We are looking for talented colleagues to join us in this exciting journey.
What you'll do
- Work under the direction of the Operations Director to ensure successful operations
- Oversee training, scheduling, and management of the field team to conduct bike and station repairs and daily bike redistribution.
- Lead hiring process of short-term launch team and hiring for core operations team
- Design schedules and procedures to ensure that required customer service, station cleanliness, station maintenance, and rebalancing metrics are met and improved, as needed.
- Ensure that safety-related processes are in place and that all staff follow appropriate safety procedures.
- Develop and implement processes to manage the maintenance, distribution and cleanliness of the bikes and stations
- Optimize operations to drive ridership, operational efficiency and asset durability
- Maintain a working relationship with customer service center staff to ensure that systems are functional and customer service needs are handled quickly and efficiently.
- Act as manager for station relocations and deployments
- Work in partnership with the bike mechanic lead and other operations staff to ensure timely and productive workflows and continuous operational improvement.
- Manage vendor relationships and coordinate purchasing and tracking of equipment and supplies
- Ensure all vehicles and equipment are maintained to -manufacturer recommendations.
- Ensure operability of all safety gear and technical equipment.
- Assist Director of Operations with metrics tracking and reporting.
- Fill gaps in operations team capacity as needed, including execution of duties in the field.
- Assist in occasional public-facing activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- 5 + years of operations/logistics background, including proven experience managing operations teams.
- High proficiency in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Google Applications, and the ability to learn new software.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high pressure environment with changing deadlines.
- Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients.
- Strong teamwork/collaboration orientation.
- Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of sustainable transportation.
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.