Director of Operations
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organization that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
About the team
The Operations function in Careem is responsible to provide exceptional experiences to all customers, captains, and partners operating with Careem, in line with our Every Experience Matters (EEM) value. The function enables this via excellence across logistics, partner and Care operations, training, knowledge management, and standardization across verticals.
Director - Operations role will be responsible to manage the end to end journeys for various processes that impact experiences for different sets of Careem’s stakeholders (including but not limited to Partners, Captains, vendors/ service providers, end consumers, etc.). The core tenet will be to drive a holistic view of operations & experience across the org to improve, standardize, measure and govern key processes and also drive cadences to manage operations.
This is a global role covering all Careem markets with accountability to lead the sub-function, managing the team and driving efficiencies within internal processes to drive quantifiable impact through data-based decision making. This role will work closely together with the Product and Vertical teams and stakeholders, providing insights and solutions to various business issues and driving strategic alignments.
What you'll do
- Lead decision making for the function and provide valuable insights to drive decision-making
- Lead goal-setting and tracking for the function
- Manage work streams and projects autonomously in a cross-functional environment
- Explore and implement new, efficient tools and processes to optimize the process flows
What you'll need
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence, and a strong alignment with our core values: Ownership, Shooting to the moon, Every Experience Matters, Responsible for our communities, Developing each others, Building a lasting institution. Additional qualifications include:
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience (atleast 6+ years leading teams) in operations, data based decisioning and sub-functions such as operations support, catalog and training
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and passionate to work with large sets of data
- Must be process oriented and a logical thinker with a good attention to detail
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Experience working within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable, ideal candidate will know the Partner Operations and/or Customer Experience business
- Experience working with multiple Business Intelligence tools, building reports and dashboards
- Educated to BS/MS level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position such as Computer science, Management Information Systems, or Engineering or Business Administration
- A mix of consultancy and operations experience ideally in well established e-commerce/ tech companies is desirable
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.