Assistant General Manager - Abu Dhabi Food
Careem is building the Everything App for the greater Middle East, making it easier than ever to move around, order food and groceries, manage payments, and more. Careem is led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve the lives of people and build an awesome organisation that inspires. Since 2012, Careem has created earnings for over 2.5 million Captains, simplified the lives of over 50 million customers, and built a platform for the region’s best talent to thrive and for entrepreneurs to scale their businesses. Careem operates in over 70 cities across 10 countries, from Morocco to Pakistan.
What you’ll do
· Manage Careem Food’s business within Abu Dhabi and own the growth and scaling of the business in the city
· Recruit, train and manage a team of Sales and Account Managers to drive revenue and exceed targets
· Encourage, support and develop the team, monitoring their success and conducting regular performance reviews
· Develop and execute a business plan to scale and gain market share for the business.
· Develop and sustain solid relationships with key partners
· Develop a thorough understanding of partners’ needs and requirements and preparing customized solutions.
· Negotiate contracts with key partners and creating solutions for partners’ long term goals
· Be a key part of the UAE food leadership team responsible for the overall direction and growth of the business
· Encourage and lead collaboration between teams
What you’ll need
· Strong business acumen, with an ability to understand the different moving parts that drive a business.
· P&L experience is a Plus
· This is not a desk role, and therefore the ability and bias for rolling your sleeves up and spending time on the field is critical.
· Excellent interpersonal and interpersonal skills. You will be the face of the Careem in Abu Dhabi, and part of the leadership team.
· Strong customer relationship skills, with the ability to develop and build profitable and successful working relationships.
· You are highly goal oriented, have a strong bias for action, and are a hands-on, problem solver. Yes this is mentioned twice, because it’s that important.
· You demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
What we’ll provide you
We offer colleagues the opportunity to drive impact in the region while they learn and grow. As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Work and learn from great minds by joining a community of inspiring colleagues.
- Put your passion to work in a purposeful organisation dedicated to creating impact in a region with a lot of untapped potential.
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day.
- Enjoy the flexibility that comes with the trust of being an owner; work in a hybrid style with a mix of days at the office and at home, and remotely from any country in the world for 30 days a year with unlimited vacation days per year.
- Access to healthcare benefits and fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.