Senior Staff, Android Engineer(Eats Mobile)
Coupang Eats is a new service by Coupang where we deliver quality food and beverages from restaurants and cafes to your door. We build the Customer app, Store app, Delivery app, websites for Stores and operations center. We struggle to provide a fast and seamless delivery Customer experience for all three parties involved.
As part of eCommerce engineering organization, We
Owns end to end Eats service
Build this ecosystem with exciting tech stacks.
Cloud Native (AWS), MSA, Spring boot, WebFlux, React JS, Vue JS, CSS3, HTML5, JPA, Elastic stack, Docker, Kafka, Redis, MySQL, Cassandra, native/cross-platform mobile development.
Obsesses over site reliability to guarantee an effortless shopping experience
Is truly global, with teams located at Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing and Bay area
As a Senior Staff, Android Engineer , you will help design and build our mobile platform for entire Coupang Eats Mobile products including Customer app, Store app and Delivery app to support our growing business. You will help the team to bring industry best practices in software development and help the team to improve their engineering skills.
- Build roadmap for mobile platform including app architecture, mobile infra, tools for reliability, scalability and productivity.
- Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of mobile development at Coupang.
- Align with stakeholders and lead engineers on mission critical projects.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to mobile engineering at Coupang.
- Establish and evangelize best engineering practices across the organization and company.
- As a tech lead, mentor mobile engineers (1:1 and as a team) through leadership by example.
Who we are looking for!
- Someone who has proven track record of leading teams for building mobile apps for millions of users.
- 10+ years mobile experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment.
- Experience with leading project teams and setting technical direction and strategy.
- Experience with improving mobile architecture (strategically) and developer tooling/libraries(tactically) of a high traffic app.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience from e-commerce, O2O industry.
- Experience with cross-platform(Flutter) mobile development.
- Android expert.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.