Senior Back-end Engineer (Coupang Play)
Senior, Back-end Engineer (Coupang Play)
About Coupang Play
Launched in December 2020, Coupang Play is Coupang's OTT (over-the-top) service. Coupang Play aims to become the definitive destination for digital content. Backed by our strong Product and Engineering teams in Seoul, Singapore, and Mountain View — Coupang Play has been creating and optimizing the viewing experience for our customers.
Coupang Play is available on mobile devices, tablet PCs, smart TVs, and your preferred browsers. We are building a competitive content library that includes TV for children and all ages, movies, live sports, educational content, and more. Coupang Play also creates original content, catered specifically to our customers.
If you like to work backwards and solve problems for our customers, join us. We are committed to redefining how our customers enjoy digital entertainment as one of the fastest-growing OTT services in Korea.
Backend Engineer is one of the key roles in the Coupang Play product organization. This role works closely with product designer, product manager, mobile, and quality engineering team to collaboratively produce awesome user experience. Experience in high availability distributed systems is essential, this role will design and develop the system that serves million customers every day.
What You Will Do
- Develop, support, and improve key backend systems of the Coupang Play with high availability and scalability
- Build RESTful APIs with proper documentation and tests
- Building modular, testable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed & performance
- Formulate scalable technical solutions to satisfy product requirements from Product Owner
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years experience in server application and system engineering using modern language
- Proficient with modern cloud computing such as AWS or GCP
- Ability to work in an Agile environment at scale
- Independent and self-driven
- Experience with issue and bug ticketing systems; Zendesk, JIRA, GitHub
- Experience in streaming media from an engineering perspective
- Ability to work with iOS and Android developers to properly integrate and troubleshoot issues with mobile app to API integration
- Startup mindset and experience in startup companies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Details to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Job titles and responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the candidate’s overall experience, etc. This will be communicated to the candidate at the appropriate time before the offer.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Equal Opportunities for All
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. Our unprecedented success could not be possible without the valuable inputs of our globally diverse team.