IT Procurement & Assets Associate
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 129 million registered learners as of June 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
As an IT Procurement & Asset Associate, you will work with the IT Procurement & Asset Specialist and collaborate with the enterprise Procurement team to strategically manage a portfolio of 200+ technology vendor relationships, ensuring beneficial vendor partnerships, favorable and timely software license/subscription renewals and overall asset procurement wins for our growing organization. The IT Procurement & Asset Associate will assist in coordinating activities between internal customers and suppliers, track historical and on-going spend, purchase details, category performance and cost savings, and support the IT Procurement & Asset Specialist and the Sr. Digital Employee Experience Manager in the areas of administration, asset management, contract management and supplier management.
The role provides opportunity to enhance your IT Sourcing & Procurement skills by providing first-line support to Courserians with their IT procurement requirements and needs. The role also allows for the successful candidate to further identify their Sourcing, Procurement, and Asset Management path and align their career aspirations with the different IT fields.
- This role assists in establishing and maintaining a centralized process for IT procurement, distribution and tracking of corporate technology related assets, and functions in matters and problem resolution relating to software/hardware purchases.
- Under the supervision of the IT Procurement & Assets Specialist facilitates, supports, and executes end-to-end strategic sourcing and procurement processes for designated categories of IT Procurement spend/contracts.
- Track historical and on-going spend, purchase details, category performance and cost savings, and support the IT Procurement & Assets Specialist in the areas of administration, asset management, contract management and supplier management.
- Manages sourcing functions such as preparing spreadsheets, reviewing requirements, updating documents, creating purchase requisitions and purchase orders and placing orders for project related hardware and software purchasing activities.
- The IT Procurement & Asset Associate will be responsible for performing analysis of Information Technology spend and contracts in order to identify and recommend opportunities for savings.
- 2+ years experience in IT Procurement Management including experience in report building and data analysis.
- Possess good organizational skills, attention to detail, strong analytical skills, ability to query and organize data.
- Excellent with multi-tasking, follow-up and execution of assignments and possess good time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Inquisitive attitude and a desire to learn new things.
- Experience with ServiceNow Asset Management (Software and/or Hardware) and ServiceNow Contract Management.
- Foundational understanding of contract language and/or Cloud Asset Management.
- Supply chain management & logistics experience.
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Global Procurement and Sourcing Specialization
- Principles of Sustainable Finance
- Google Project Management: Professional Certificate