CRM Production Manager
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The CRM Production manager will manage a small team of Associate Email Managers and Producers in India that will support the US CRM team in driving activation, retention and conversion in our core business. This role will oversee the execution of our CRM initiatives mainly across Email, but will expand to Whatsapp, SMS, Push Notifications and In-app Notifications. This role will train and manage the India team who will work on email production, lite coding, campaign and testing setup, and QA for our Degrees, Consumer and Enterprise segments..
Reporting directly to Coursera’s Director of Lifecycle & Email Marketing, this role will help to enrich the learner experience, and help further Coursera’s mission to improve lives through education. The right candidate can run a highly-functioning team with flawless execution and roll up their sleeves as needed. They have experience in marketing, strong project management and organizational skills, building/optimizing processes, proven success working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, and want to be a part of an organization committed to a social mission. Experience working on complex campaigns in Braze is a plus.
- Trains and manages a team of India-based associate Email Producers and Email Managers that will work on production of Coursera’s marketing emails to drive activation, enrollment, utilization, and retention
- Ensures flawless execution of scaled dynamic email campaigns that can have 100s of versions— from email creation, campaign and testing setup, QA, to troubleshooting rendering issues related to data or code
- Manages production timeline to ensure that all milestones are tracking as expected
- Partners with US Producer to to create an optimized process to drive maximum output
- Manages and updates program automations
- Builds custom emails leveraging existing components and dynamic variables
- 5+ years of relevant email production experience. Strong executional skills - writing communication, campaign setup, building lifecycle programs, QA, testing
- Experience managing highly-functioning teams
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation, ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects collaborating with cross-functional teams with flawless execution in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Can work a few US PT-friendly hours
- Experience building email campaigns and journeys in Braze a plus
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and mobile responsive email design, strongly preferred
- Has managed email programs of 5M+ list
- Edtech industry experience coupled with demonstrated passion for education and higher-education marketing experience
- Ability to prioritize, work cooperatively and collaborate with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Has worked with global partners
- Ability to code emails (HTML, CSS, and mobile responsive email design)
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: