Account Director Sales - Government, India
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 136 million registered learners as of September 30, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 300 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
At Coursera, the Enterprise Team has the ambitious vision of building of transforming talent at the world’s leading companies, universities, and global governments through upskilling and reskilling their workforces. Through innovative engagements with enterprise partners, we empower learners around the world to land their next job or promotion, and more broadly reduce unemployment, provide pathways to jobs, and improve economies.
As a critical member of our Governments team, you will be responsible for developing and closing partnerships across the Public Sector in India. Drawing on your superior strategic thinking and communication abilities, and creative deal-making skills, you will be critical in shaping Coursera’s government work, as well as more broadly impact the way that governments train their employees and citizens.
- Prospect, develop, and close national and regional-level strategic opportunities in alignment with Coursera’s high-level strategic priorities and mission
- Build strategic relationships across potential customers, deeply understanding their core functions and objectives, and the strategies needed both to close agreements and drive real change via online learning
- Produce accurate and timely forecasts, and develop an expansion pipeline in set accounts, successfully manage opportunities to closure, and ensure quota is met consistently (quarterly and annually)
- Use in-depth knowledge of industry trends and data-driven insights to consult and support prospective governments to upskill their workforces; this may include identifying opportunities for collaboration and improvement in potential customers’ training/L&D strategies
- Be the voice of Coursera’s public sector partners, sharing customer-driven insights across Coursera, including product, engineering, business development, and legal
- 10+ years public sector experience in the government, non-profit, foundation, consulting, international development, or workforce development space.
- A record of past achievement in spearheading new strategic initiatives, tackling large, complex projects and managing senior-level external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and creative-problem solving abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, organizational and operational skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and comfort working in ambiguous, quickly-changing environments
- Strong network across states in India
- Fluency in English, Hindi and any other Indian language
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: