Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 142 million registered learners as of December 31, 2023.
Coursera partners with over 325 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Join us in our mission to create a world where anyone, anywhere can transform their life through access to education. We're seeking talented individuals who share our passion and drive to revolutionize the way the world learns.
We at Coursera are committed to building a globally diverse team and are thrilled to extend employment opportunities to individuals in any country where we have a legal entity. We require candidates to possess eligible working rights and have a compatible timezone overlap with their team to facilitate seamless collaboration. As a remote-first company, our interviews and onboarding are entirely virtual, providing a smooth and efficient experience for our candidates.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand and bringing new learners to the site, connecting students to degree programs, attracting new enterprise customers — including businesses, governments, and campuses — and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As a key member of the SEO team, you will be focused on expanding Coursera’s global reach and bringing new learners to the site by increasing Coursera’s visibility in Google Search through SEO best practices. In addition, you will own the SEO roadmap for the growing catalog of online degree programs and other premium credentials on Coursera. You will drive this critical part of our business by setting goals and executing on initiatives that will make a material impact and further growth.
To be successful in this role, you will collaborate with a wide range of cross-functional teams and lead the SEO initiatives with conviction to enrich the browse and discovery experience of our website visitors. You will make optimization decisions through data analysis, competitive research, strategic thinking, and creativity. You will perform keyword research to improve search ranking and uncover opportunities. You will also be an evangelist to promote SEO across the entire organization and find opportunities for leverage to maximize your impact.
- Develop and execute successful global SEO strategies for assigned product lines
- Conduct keyword research to guide cross functional teams and support external partners
- Review technical SEO issues,recommend and deploy fixes, and measure impact
- Optimize website content, landing pages and new products for relevance and quality
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects to stakeholders
- Advocate for SEO in large format meetings
- 5+ years managing SEO with knowledge of current and standard SEO best practices & tools
- Experience performing SEO audit and analysis using multiple data sources
- Demonstrated history presenting actionable insights with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- In-house SEO experience at mid to large-scale international web properties preferred
- Experience managing SEO in product management, localization, or international project management capacity
- Experience using enterprise data tools for analysis (for example: SQL, Tableau, Looker, Chart.io)
- Experience marketing products with a long conversion cycle
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera: