Lead API Inspector
Who We Are
The mission of Gecko Robotics is to protect today’s critical infrastructure, and give form to tomorrow’s: refineries, power plants, heavy manufacturing facilities, vessels, water storage, and many more. We accomplish this through our robotics platforms in tandem with our enterprise software solutions, creating a virtuous cycle of data acquisition, processing, analysis, and decision-making. Our robots operate in some of the most dangerous industrial environments, collecting data of unprecedented value and magnifying the contributions of human experts, while keeping them out of harm’s way. Gecko is uniquely poised to maximize both the production and the useful life of the assets we rely on to meet the world's energy needs.
Role at a Glance
The Lead API Inspector provides all technical management of assigned Asset inspection projects. This includes direct interface with designated site representatives, assigned resources, subcontractors, and vendors. This individual takes responsibility for completion of field inspections, field documentation, interpretation of applicable codes and standards, report preparation, and technical review in order to prepare documents and reports.
What you will do
- Extract and verify technical data using applicable software (data examples may include piping material, dimensions, pressure, and temperature captured through documents such as Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, engineering drawings and code forms).
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to correlate to develop inspection plans
- Properly interpret regulations, codes and industry standards.
- Conduct API 653 510 and 570 inspections
- Recommend de-rate/repair/replace mitigations and filling the role of ensuring these are implemented.Plan and assist with developing the platform turnaround work scopes for pressure equipment and other fixed equipment.
- Schedule relevant NDE and oversee NDE inspection work scopes.
- Review and analyze NDE findings
- Perform needed calculations in API 510, 570, 653, 579 and ASME B31.3, ASME 8, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8.
- Support customers in developing effective inspection plans and work scopes
- Support cross-functional teams by identifying gaps in data and develop innovative solutions
- Provide outstanding client satisfaction. Maintain a positive relationship between the facility and customer; and promote a positive attitude towards team members>
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if it meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports, inspection reports, and inter‐office communications.
- Demonstrate proficiency with standard computer software (such as MS Word and Excel) and write detailed inspection and reports while maintaining an organized system of files.
- Drive a vehicle safely in an oil and gas facility and field sites.
- Ensure that all Gecko and customer safety policies and procedures are being followed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Skills (If Applicable)
- Current API 510, 570 653 certification with a minimum of 8 years experience
- Experience in visual inspection of tanks, piping, pressure vessels, valves, and pumps
- Experience developing and implementing inspection plans in accordance with industry standards, applicable codes, and client specifications
- Knowledgeable of current ASME and API codes
- Strong customer relations skills
- Business acumen
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to carry 50 pounds, for a distance up to 100 feet.
- Ability to climb stairs while carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and/or pull up to 50 pounds consistently, for periods up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and/or crawl repetitively.
- Ability to wear a respirator.
- Valid driver’s license and personal vehicle
Gecko Robotics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Something looks off?