NDT Advanced Specialist
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
The NDT Advanced Specialist is on the front lines of our industrial inspections. This position plays a key role in ensuring customer needs are met by providing inspections for in-field robotic products at power plants, oil and gas refineries, paper mills and other industrial environments throughout North America. When not in the field, this position will complete functions in the shop for robot maintenance, assisting with creating procedures, and training for newer technicians.
What you will do
- Make sure to follow all safety policies in the field and shop as well as identify potential safety hazards
- Oversee and operate robotic inspection equipment and ensure data integrity in industrial environments
- Ensure highest customer satisfaction through effective communication and job execution
- Solicit and relay customer and product feedback for the purposes of improving quality and scope of services
- Complete various administrative functions including expense reports, time sheets, and other paperwork covering activities in the field
- Participate in the training process for NDT professionals
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical details of company service offerings and tools
- Maintain compliance with all customer required background check and drug screening requirements
- Must have NDT Level II in UT, PT, MT, VT, etc.
- Level II UTPA
- 5+ year experience working in downstream
- Strong reporting and documentation experience
- Experience with AUT
- Experience with RBI preferred but not required
- Experience in a lead technician role is preferred
- Ability to travel 75% of the time and up to 90% during peak times
- Ability to meet physical requirements
- A team player that Is proud of what Gecko has to offer and represents the company with enthusiasm at customer sites.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid TWIC card.
- This job operates in multiple environments, including a machine shop, and field work performed in OSHA-confined spaces, at heights, and in multiple weather conditions including heat, rain, and cold.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.