Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
What We Do
Gecko Robotics is helping the world’s most important organizations ensure the availability, reliability, and sustainability of critical infrastructure. Gecko's complete and connected solutions combine wall-climbing robots, industry-leading sensors, and an AI-powered data platform to provide customers with a unique window into the current and future health of their physical assets. This enables real-time decision making to increase the efficiency and safety of operations, promote mission readiness, and protect the environment and civilization from the effects of infrastructure failure.
Role at a Glance
The Director of FP&A is the primary resource for financial analysis within the Finance team. This person will be the main point of contact for all things forecasting. This role is highly analytical and cross-functional, using information from across the organization to assemble dynamic forecasts as well as providing decision support to various functions across the organization. They will also be a voice of truth across the organization by leveraging data analysis and supporting other analytical departmental efforts.
What you will do
- Create and maintain financial models for forecast revenue, gross margins, expenses, and cash.
- Work with Sales, Operations, and Supply Chain to maintain a 12-month rolling forecast and present monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Partner with Accounting to set up better department budgets & establish a feedback loop with stakeholders.
- Provide cross-functional analytics support. Examples include pricing analysis for Sales and labor utilization analysis for Operations.
- Lead implementation of FP&A software and build out dashboards for various stakeholders and management.
- Primary contact for ad hoc analysis such as customer retention, job margin review, customer mix, etc.
- Develop and continually improve budgeting, financial projections, and operating forecasts.
- Driving financial planning activities by developing financial models, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis and reporting. Be the go-to person for senior management's questions and concerns regarding this data.
- Providing strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the organization; optimizing the handling of banking relationships and initiating appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Working closely with leadership to develop strategic plans, to identify potential mergers or acquisitions, and overseeing due diligence processes.
- Communicating, engaging, and managing stakeholders, board members, potential investors, and the management team around financial trends and projections.
- Guiding financial decisions by creating, monitoring, and encouraging adherence to policies and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Implementing operational best practices, overseeing the control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Identifying areas for process and procedure improvements, both within the accounting department and cross-departmentally, with a focus on better utilization of technology to drive those improvements.
- Assisting and leading special projects, including selecting and implementing new software systems.
- At least 4+ years of FP&A, private equity, or banking experience
- Strong Excel modeling skills and demonstrated ability to present complex analyses and data, 1-2 years of training in blue chip investment banking or private equity preferred
- Demonstrated experience using data and analysis to drive business decisions in senior management
- Experience at high-growth technology startup or similar company
- NetSuite Planning & Budgeting software experience (nice to have)
- Experience analyzing large data sets via SQL (nice to have)
- Experience with ancillary systems like Expensify, CaptivateIQ, Bill.com, Salesforce, TSheets (or similar/equivalent systems)
NYC Pay Transparency Disclosure:
Salary Range: $150,000-$220,000 annually plus equity and perks.
This salary range is based on the current available market data, and represents the expected salary range for this role. Gecko Robotics has minimal hierarchy and few titles, but has broad ranges of experience represented within roles. Should you have compensation expectations that exceed these bands, we'd love to hear from you and would welcome you to reach out to further discuss.
Who We Are
At Gecko, our people are our greatest investment. In addition to competitive compensation packages, we offer company equity, 401(k) matching, gender-neutral parental leave, full medical, dental, and vision insurance, mental health and wellness support, ongoing professional development, family planning assistance, and flexible paid time off.
We believe that we do our best work when we’re together in person, and we’re committed to creating a culture of collaboration, innovation, and partnership. We ask our employees to be in the office 3 to 5 days per week, depending on the location and role. Our in-office benefits vary by location, but include catered lunch or lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchens, frequent employee events, and more.
Gecko is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our collective responsibility to uphold these values and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to join us in our mission to protect today’s infrastructure and give form to tomorrow’s. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law. If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your talents to support our critical mission, we’d love to hear from you.