IT, Accounting & Finance
Louisville, KY, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2023
As a Purchasing Analyst, you will design and implement all agreements and provide support to the Gopuff buying team. Resolve all issues in the supply chain and monitor the market to maintain industry knowledge for the buyer. Minimize expenses and increase Gopuff profitability.
We are looking for a highly capable, results driven leader to accelerate growth for one of Gopuff’s most critical and fastest growing businesses. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator that has the ability to lead externally with partners and internally with cross-functional stakeholders (ie. Supply Chain, Planning, Marketing, Digital Merchandising and Business Development.)
A strong analytical background is imperative to the role and this person must demonstrate exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills to thrive in the fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Implements monthly product cost changes in BMC/Osprey for all stores/POs
- Updates BMC/Osprey with any necessary information provided by stores/merchandising to keep the receiving process moving efficiently
- Set up weekly retail price changes for the chain including weekly sale-item pricing and promotions
- Build items into the system when necessary, or in emergencies
- Review all invoice discrepancies (cost and quantity) between PO and invoice and notify vendor of error
- Request and track vendor credit and work with finance to ensure proper refund is received
- Assist receiving team to ensure PO is properly closed and approve 3-way match
- Coordinate with buyers, finance, field ops and vendors to maintain and update item file cost and retail pricing
- Research and complete weekly/monthly cost & retail price changes for thousands of products
- Maintain UPC corrections assigned to all products Monitor overall inventory and item file quality and accuracy
- Maintain and update vendor data and contact information
- Create reports using excel and data supplied by finance and buying team
- Implement and develop strategies to design various cost-saving programs
- Identify all new suppliers and maintain professional relationships with all suppliers
- Compare and evaluate LBPM products and contracts to recommend strategies
- Provide support to the store managers and buyer team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrates comprehensive written and oral communication skills
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and an ability to confidently communicate to customers and staff
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Must work well in a team setting to reach organizational goals, as well on own minimal supervision
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and engaging attitude and demeanor
- Strong multitasking skills and advanced problem-solving skills to anticipate purchasing issues
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
See more open positions at Gopuff
Something looks off?