Senior Software Engineer - Forecasting
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Gopuff’s engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customers' immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build optimized routing systems to efficiently deliver to our customers, create an end to end shopping experience that will delight our customers, devise warehouse management systems that enable us to always fulfill our customers’ needs, or design mobile and web applications that are joyful to use. In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of Gopuff!
Your primary responsibility will be to continually create and improve cloud-native platforms as you add features critical to our customer experience. The right candidate will have the technical aptitude to drive good technology choices through collaboration with an empowered team. Success in this role will be measured by the team’s effective delivery of services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
- Promote and support Gopuff Engineering’s culture of inclusion and diversity
- Participate in cross-functional projects in an agile environment
- Build, deploy, and maintain your own code
- Support standard development practices across your team, including idiomatic syntax, design patterns, and Test driven development
- Implement and Monitor analytics to ensure the correctness of the business process
- Contribute to multiple team-wide business and tech OKRs (beyond just the goals assigned to you)
- Scope, decompose, and organize projects for multiple teammates. Delegate tasks and coordinate teammates to bring those projects to completion with minimal oversight. Generate time estimates with reasonable accuracy to help determine project timelines.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 6 Years of production experience
- Proficiency with modern web, frontend (ex: React) and server (ex: NodeJS, Go), and/or cloud applications
- Solid grasp of data structures, algorithms and databases (ex: SQL, NoSQL)
- Ability write scalable and extensible systems with one or more high-level languages (ex: NodeJs, Go, Python, Java)
- Experience with message based, async processing
- Experience with microservices and /or distributed systems
- Experience with a variety of web services (ex: REST and HTTP cache-semantics)
- Experience using Go, Python, Terraform, Helm in a production setting
- Experience with SQL data analysis (Snowflake/BigQuery), some familiarity of data pipelines(Dagster, Airflow)
- Public cloud experience in a production setting (Azure preferred)
- 8+ years of experience and/or comfortable as lead engineer owning one or more complex systems
- This role is preferring candidates located in: Boston, MA., Philadelphia, PA., Miami, FL., New York, NY., Washington DC., San Francisco, CA., and Seattle, WA.
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Hybrid - Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within the United States): USD $148,200 - $235,500.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
See more open positions at Gopuff
Something looks off?