Senior FP&A Manager - Operations
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Operations Finance is looking for a Senior FP&A Manager who will help lead our operations finance team to build the future of instant commerce. The Senior Manager will own key components of our operations P&L, identify opportunities to drive efficiency, build scalable solutions in partnership with the operations functional leaders, and drive actionable reporting while working directly with operations managers and directors.
We are looking for a resourceful candidate who is financially minded, data-driven, creative, a problem-solver, and a self-starter. You’ll succeed in this role if: you are a builder that thrives in a high-growth environment, you enjoy working across teams to execute solutions, and you’re collaborative, process driven, and decisive.
- Lead efficient business unit financial processes including budgeting, forecasting, resource allocation, and performance management
- Directly manage FP&A resources, mentoring individuals and creating a culture of accountability within FP&A
- Communicate financial results and insights to a wide range of leadership within the Operations business unit through concise and effective storytelling of P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow drivers
- Leverage collaborative relationships with accounting, business leaders, and executives to identify the right metrics and KPIs to support merchandising efforts
- Set financial targets working closely with senior Operations Leaders to ensure the company meets its short- and long-term financial objectives while remaining aligned with Gopuff’s strategic direction
- Develop and implement FP&A standard methodologies in areas such as systems, forecasting tools, reporting, and financial calendars
- Drive standardization of ROI methodology, including the development of critical metrics that evaluate performance with robust post-mortem analyses
- Create a culture of financial stewardship across the organization through the development of educational tools that increase financial literacy and discipline
- Support ad hoc projects through thought partnership and rigorous financial analysis, enabling effective decision-making across a variety of settings
- Coordinate and partner with senior merchandising leaders to identify opportunities for improved scalability, margin, profitability, and defensibility of our operational business model
- Quantitative decision-making skills, while balancing qualitative service to customers
- Previous experience managing a functional finance team
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel capability and ability to carefully tell a story through language and charts
- Service-oriented approach and mindset
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Consistent record for innovation, execution, and delivering results to a performance-driven culture
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking and effective multitasking
- Strong attention to detail and specifics
- Previous experience in FP&A management of a publicly traded company is required
- 7+ years of related professional experience is required
- MBA is preferred
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within United States): USD $133,000 - $211,300
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
See more open positions at Gopuff
Something looks off?