Associate Category Manager, Beer
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2023
The Associate Category Manager will work with the designated Category Manager to support and maintain our brand and customer experience by driving product sales through price optimization, promotional planning, assortment productivity, cost negotiations, and product placement for both App and Brick & Mortar businesses. We are looking for an individual that is opportunistic, customer-focused and that is capable of partnering with cross-functional teams (ie. Supply Chain, Marketing, Planning, Business Development, and Digital Merchandising) to surpass financial objectives. It will be imperative that this person demonstrates the problem-solving and analytical skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Establish a deep understanding of Gopuff and Liquor Barn businesses, internal processes, and overall assortment
- Assist Category Managers in selecting, pricing, positioning and marketing of the category and products
- Work with Category Manager in developing merchandising & category plans and strategies to improve product sales, margin and other key business driving metrics
- Monitor performance across multiple classes and locations and use / analyze data to establish go-forward strategies
- Utilize both internal and external data effectively to make smart and educated decisions to drive incremental sales
- Build and maintain assortment strategies contingent with unique territory requirements in mind as it pertains to volume, size, distribution, and local trends
- Partner with Supply Chain, Pricing and Finance departments to maximize revenue and financial targets within the respective product classifications
- Conduct comp shop and pricing analysis both nationally and locally to ensure key product lines are represented effectively in all markets and margin targets are met
- Stay updated on category trends and competitive market
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4+ Years of experience in Retail Buying, Merchandising and/or Category Management.
- Experience in the Alcohol Beverage Industry is a preferred
- Fully proficient in Excel is a hard requirement for this role, proficient in SQL a plus
- Must have a significant knowledge of Supply Chain, Marketing and Financial Planning
- Capable of taking initiative, ownership and accountability for the business
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency
- Management, training and development experience is required
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
See more open positions at Gopuff
Something looks off?