Store Manager, Thousand Oaks, #1117
Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The Omni Store Manager (OSM) is responsible for successfully operating the Omni location. This includes BevMo! retail store operations, Gopuff e-commerce operations, and all other e-commerce sales channels, such as buy online pick-up in-store (BOPIS), and third-party delivery. The OSM provides leadership and guidance to Managers, Leads, and Associates to drive sales, operational execution, and a positive customer experience. The OSM recruits, trains, and develops the Omni location’s team to deliver key performance indicators (KPIs).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Model company values in all action, communication and decision-making
- Proactively hire a team to ensure staffing levels meet the needs of the business
- Ensure the team is trained and knowledgeable to drive sales, operations, and a positive customer experience
- Take an active role in the team’s development by assessing performance and providing timely coaching and feedback. Work with team members on goal setting, development plans, and regularly follow-up on progress
- Assume all responsibility and accountability for retail and e-commerce operations by effectively managing and delegating to direct and indirect reports
- Plan and prioritize by evaluating weekly sales, projects, and tasks, as well as the normal day-to-day operations
- Strategically analyze the Omni location’s schedule and ensure the staffing plan meets the needs of the business
- Ensure the e-commerce operations processes orders to standards and manages inventory levels to meet customer demands
- Ensure visual and merchandising standards are met for retail operations
- Ensure all pricing, signage, and displays are accurate
- Ensure all merchandising direction, customer campaigns, and sales promotions are executed
- Manage controllable expenses, labor budgets and identify opportunities to increase contributions
- Create and implement plans to improve the financial performance of the store by driving sales through community events, promoting merchandising categories and expanding market share
- Partner with Field Leader to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business
- Utilize company tools to diagnose opportunities and develop action plans to improve performance
- Maintain employee retention and engagement levels at or above industry average
- Achieve the store’s financial performance goals in the areas of productivity, labor, and other expenses
- Drive improvements in Omni KPIs, such as sales comp, units per transaction, overall customer satisfaction score, order picking time, order dwell time, drive time, order defect rate, and cost per order
- Ensure Omni location operates in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure the team acts in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including ABC, Food Handling and Weights and Measures regulations
- Maintain a strong leadership presence in the store to foster an environment and culture that builds relationships with the local community
- Ensure direct and indirect reports are consistently creating a positive customer experience through the utilization of the sales and customer service programs
- Ensure more complex escalated customer service issues are resolved
- Financial and Business Acumen: Evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Fact-Based Management: View the organization as an open system, synthesize information from diverse sources, come to conclusions, and make decisions that are rational and based on sound evidence
- Coach and Develop Others: Provide quality time and planned commitment to direct reports and provide processes and opportunities for them to understand their strengths and limitations in relation to a range of high-quality and relevant Competencies
- Service Focus: Place great emphasis on creating customer loyalty by ensuring the highest value of service is always provided and by delivering on commitments to the customer
- Communication: Provide the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. Strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics of their message and they are able to listen to, receive, and understand messages conveyed by others
- Process Management: Take a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment.
- Drive Results: Motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measure, monitor and review performance, and provide timely and relevant feedback
- Delegation: Display strong awareness of when, how, and to whom to delegate and will clearly communicate objectives, tasks, long-term benefits, and expectations for outcomes in order to empower others to take greater responsibility
- Team Building: Enable and encourage group members to work together to complete tasks and accomplish goals that individual members could not accomplish alone
Education & Experience:
- 7+ years of experience in retail store management, warehouse management, logistics, restaurant industry, or military service
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. Compensation for U.S. locations is based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
- Thousand Oaks, CA: $57,000 - $90,600
- The salary range above reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.
See more open positions at Gopuff
Something looks off?