Revenue Accounting Manager
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
We’re looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to join our Finance and Accounting team. In this role, you will grow and develop a team of talented accountants to support our monthly Revenue Accounting activities. This role will partner with teams across the organization and report to the Controller. There are significant opportunities in this role to grow and shape the future of Gopuff in a fast-paced, highly-dynamic work environment. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from one of our 8 hub locations!
Northeast: Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY
West Coast: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Seattle, WA
Miami: Aventura, FL
- Manage the operations of the Revenue Accounting team with full responsibility for day-to-day and month-end functions
- Be the subject matter expert on the order-to-cash process
- Oversee the accounting of multiple revenue streams as well as the design, implementation, and execution of scalable and effective processes for a more efficient close and control environment
- Review monthly revenue schedules and reconciliations
- Review and approve all deferred revenue calculations, ensuring adequate support (e.g. loyalty programs, subscriptions)
- Prepare monthly flux analysis and partner with FP&A to explain and manage variances to expectation and forecast assumptions
- Work cross-functionally with different departments to understand the accounting impact and determine appropriate treatment
- Assist the technical accounting team to review contracts to determine appropriate accounting and recognition in compliance with ASC 606
- Implement automated process solutions with a focus on simplification, standardization, and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities
- Collaborate with FP&A and Sales on revenue metrics forecast and projections
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors and consultants surrounding revenue questions and testing
- Hire, coach and mentor members of the Revenue Accounting team
- Assist with other ad hoc Accounting and Finance needs or projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 5+ years of experience
- CPA license with Big 4 or large accounting firm experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP, ASC 606, and ASC 705
- Extensive Revenue Accounting industry experience, including technical application, automation and process improvement leadership
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines Advanced Excel skills (index, pivot tables, lookups, macros)
- Experience with SQL and BI tools is a plus
- Order-to-cash / revenue systems implementation experience
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and responsiveness
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Experience with Oracle would be a plus
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range: $86,400 - $144,900
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.