Grocery Specialist Team Leader
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2023
The New York City Grocery Specialist Team Leader reports to the Central Operations Senior Program Manager and is responsible for leading the execution of our Fresh Grocery processes in New York City. The Fresh Grocery Team Leader will oversee a team for 4 Grocery Specialists that each lead the Fresh Grocery operation in a subset of New York City sites. The Team Leader will manage the workload of the Grocery Specialists, providing support and feedback on new product and process launches.
- Model company values in all actions, communication and decision-making
- Manage the workload of the Grocery Specialists, providing support where required
- Oversee all initial and continuation training for all Fresh Grocery processes and future developments
- Identify and resolve operational barriers through creative problem solving
- Provide routine reporting on Quality Assurance processes to Field Operations and Support Teams
- Liaise with Support Teams on new program initiatives, creating launch plans to maintain operational excellence throughout implementation
- Ensure the team operates in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure the team follows federal, state, and local regulations
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- 1-2 years of experience at the management or supervisory level in a grocery environment, preferably within Fresh Grocery/Produce.
- Communication: Provide the information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way. Strive to ensure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics of the message and are able to listen to, receive, and understand messages conveyed by others
- Driving Results: Motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing accountabilities, clarifying performance expectations, agreeing to high standards and measures, monitoring and reviewing performance, and providing timely and relevant feedback.
- Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Work collaboratively with others to achieve mutual goals. Subordinate individual aims in the interest of working with others in a way that promotes and encourages each person’s contributions toward achieving optimal outcomes
- Process Management: Take a systematic approach in contributing to making the company’s workflow more effective, efficient, and capable of adapting to an ever-changing environment
- Willingness to work a variety of scheduled shifts
- Willingness to travel between multiple locations within NYC
- Lifting and merchandising products (duties include stocking shelves, receiving shipments, carrying orders to customer or driver vehicles)
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within United States): USD $55,200 - USD $82,800.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.