Category Manager, Fresh Grocery
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2023
The Category Manager will work to support our rapidly growing fresh grocery categories. They will maintain our brand and customer experience by owning item setup, item maintenance, online content enrichment, price optimization, promotional planning, vendor setup, assortment productivity, cost negotiations, identifying assortment and brand gaps along with product placement. We are looking for an individual that is opportunistic, customer-focused and that can partner with cross-functional teams (Supply Chain, Operations, Digital Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Business Development) to surpass financial objectives. It will be imperative that this person demonstrates the problem-solving and analytical skills necessary to thrive in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in one of our New York hub!
- Execute the new item setup process and item maintenance for all GoBrands Banners (Gopuff/BevMo)
- Establish a deep understanding of Gopuff’s retail stores and e-premise business, internal processes, and overall assortment (specific categories of focus will be identified after joining)
- Utilize industry data, supplier partnerships, and internal demographic information to identify new item and brand opportunities for the category assortment
- Implement promotion plans with cross-functional partners
- Track and update financial reporting
- Optimize and enhance digital content
- Complete Product Lists for various marketing campaigns
- Source, input and manage item, supplier and cost information
- Pricing and positioning of category products
- Partner with Supply Chain to maintain in-stock levels to support a customer first mentality, including creating initial order allocations for new and LTO items
- Complete ad-hoc reports and tasks
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Finance, Business, or Economics is a plus)
- 5+ years related experience
- Produce or Fresh Grocery experience preferred
- Strong Project Management, analytical and presentation skills
- System knowledge of digital metrics and systems – SEO, Pinning, Banners, ATG, Salsify, etc.
- Capable of being self-motivated to take initiative, ownership, and accountability for the business
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize while working on multiple tasks and initiatives
- Ability to balance gut/art and science/data to make sound decisions
- Must have strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel and Google Sheets is required
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with ability to create tools designed to add structure and process to the role and teamMust have effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Awareness of our current brand and product mix and initial insight to opportunities
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role
- Salary Range: $79,000- $121,600
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.