Creative & Design Director
Miami Beach, FL, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
Gopuff is at a pivotal point of growth, evolving rapidly to meet the needs of new customers and deliver on exciting creative partnership opportunities. The Creative & Design Director sits strategically, creatively and executionally at the center of the our strive for creative excellence,, connected to every part of the Gopuff organization in order to bring the brand’s vision and identity to life through every visual and verbal brand touchpoint.
The Marketing organization is looking for a Creative & Design Director who will be responsible for creating, executing and developing best-in-class design work. Under the leadership of the Head of Marketing, this role will be a senior member of the marketing team. We’re looking for someone who is a high-end maker and manager, who can both concept and execute beautifully-crafted brand design, as well as manage other designers, and design processes.
- Create, execute and manage design and creative work at the highest level.
- Have experience working across digital, print and packaging.
- Have experience working at design/creative agencies or brand-side for companies with strong aesthetics and design principles.
- Be strong conceptually and creatively, as well as a high-end, hands-on designer.
- Be strong and effective at presenting design rationales and design work.
- Have obsessive attention to detail and an eye for craft.
- Live and breathe identity systems design, strategically, creatively and executionally.
- Guard and guide the Gopuff identity system, but also play a leading role in its continued development and evolution.
- Work on evergreen daily brand work but also execute and lead partner projects
- Be relied upon by the Head of Marketing to both communicate and monitor brand guidelines across the organization.
- Be a leader, manager and mentor to other designers.
- Love and enjoy working collaboratively.
- Have a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiastically accept challenges.
- Be able to maintain the integrity of design and craft amidst fast turnaround times and high expectations.
- Approach every task, from an in-app message to OOH, with equal focus, energy and care.
- 6–10 years of experience at a design/creative agency or in house at design-savvy brands.
- Experience managing & building a team of rockstar designers.
- A curious spirit & go-getter attitude - exploring new design territories and bringing creative thinking to the table
- Compelling examples that demonstrate execution and/or direction of brand identity projects.
- Understanding and passion for design strategy and brand design systems.
- World-class design chops across various design disciplines
- Solid understanding and experience with print, digital, social, product and packaging.
- Experience working on apparel design would be a plus.
- Obsessive attention to detail and craft.
- Ability to multitask between projects and work with multiple teams/departments.
- Ability to work fast without compromising quality.
- Leadership and mentorship attributes.
- Excellence in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch or After Effects.
- Proficiency in Keynote and Slides — must care about making beautiful decks!
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. Compensation for U.S. locations is based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area.
- $154,800 - 259,600 USD annually
- The salary range above reflects what we’d reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role’s compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.