Inventory Driver, New York
Queens, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
goFleet is the truck fleet for GoBrands Transportation, which performs DC Outbound product deliveries to Gopuff micro-fulfillment centers (MFC's), and DC Inbound shipping from vendor sourcing locations to Gopuff DC's. This Inventory Driver position will dispatch from the regional cross dock facility to the MFC in Queens NY and will perform product pickups and deliveries throughout the Queens area and to other key gopuff Markets in the Northeast.
- Demonstrate Safe and Courteous Driving of Gopuff company vehicles at all times
- Safely operate a 26' Straight Truck over intercity and highway routes to efficiently pick-up and deliver product and materials
- Safely operate vehicle lift gates and use basic industrial equipment such as pallet jacks and hand trucks to load and unload palletized product and materials, as needed
- Use goFleet routing, communication and reporting systems in performance of daily tasks
- Perform standard pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, vehicle care and basic maintenance
- Take a positive, can-do and customer-centric approach while performing daily responsibilities and engaging with Gopuff's DC Team, MFC personnel and other network partners
- Perform other tasks as needed to promote Customer Service and efficient network operations
- Min Five Years of Commercial Driving experience with a safe driving history (CDL not Required)
- U.S. DOT Medical Card Required
- Successful Completion of goBrands’ Standard Truck Driver Road Test
- Pass initial and ongoing testing for controlled substances, as appropriate
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills
- Knowledge of Basic Food Safety and Quality practices
- Ability to safely lift 35 Pounds.
- Ability to work on Overnight and Weekend shifts, as needed
- Key characteristics to be successful in the role include:
- Mindfulness: Focus and Awareness towards successful completion of the task at hand
- Initiative: Prioritization and Time Management in a fast-paced environment
- Grit: Willingness to work with urgency and take a 'Can Do' approach to ensure success
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it—stuff happens. But that’s where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we’re assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you’re hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.