Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Included Health is seeking a Procurement Counsel to join its legal team. This person will empower the company’s growth by strengthening our relationships with suppliers, vendors, partners, and others, while protecting us from risks. The role will provide legal counsel and support to internal business teams on the structure, legal rights and obligations of vendor/supplier contracts, and will review, draft and negotiate contracts to meet business objectives and manage risk across the organization.
As Procurement Counsel, the right candidate must be resourceful, capable of building strong business relationships, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Candidates should be proven experts in contract drafting and negotiation and have a creative approach to analyzing issues. The right candidate is organized, service oriented, passionate about the idea of growing a business, and able to utilize technology to increase efficiency.
- Partner with procurement and business leaders to negotiate agreements to maximize benefits and minimize risks
- Engage with key stakeholders to identify the purposes, goals, risks, and business context of various agreements under negotiation, then apply judgment to negotiate and revise in light of those factors
- Review, draft, and facilitate a variety of agreement types on a daily basis to ensure compliance with company policies and risk tolerance
- Provide counsel and legal support to internal business clients for vendor and supplier facing engagements
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret rights and obligations for contracts covering a wide range of business matters including, but not limited to, technology agreements, professional services agreements, event agreements, and subscription and content services agreements
- Advise stakeholders and internal business teams regarding associated risks, applicable vendor onboarding and purchases
- Develop and maintain template contract documents and provisions, playbooks with acceptable alternatives for routine and recurring purchasing and licensing transactions and process improvements
- Ensure compliance with US and international laws and regulations dealing with privacy and data protection, employment, and intellectual property
- Perform other duties as requested
- Attorney in good standing in at least one state in the United States with 3+ years of contracts management and/or contracts experience
- Healthcare, SaaS, and professional services experiences are positives
- Proven excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Passion for scaling and driving process improvement initiatives
- Ability to build strong cross-functional working relationships by utilizing strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and balance competing priorities in a constantly changing environment
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See more open positions at Included Health
Something looks off?