Deal Desk Manager
Posted on Saturday, September 23, 2023
We are looking for a Deal Desk Manager to join our go-to-market (GTM) Finance team. This Manager will manage the GTM team through the end-to-end deal process, including pricing and structure strategy, negotiations, and overall profitability. As an individual contributor, this Manager will work directly with executives and members of our Sales and Customer Success teams to deliver pricing, margins, provide strategic guidance associated with our new logo and expansion opportunities. In this highly visible role, the Manager will be central in structuring deals, developing pricing and margin processes, managing opportunities within our systems, and ensuring governance of deal approvals within the Sales process.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional leadership (incl. General Managers, Sales, Finance, and Executives) to help to develop our pricing strategy for new and existing products and executing on deal requests initiated by our Sales and Client Success teams.
- Be a trusted business partner to our go-to-market team by delivering sound and justifiable pricing, backed by data and detailed pricing and margin models
- Partner as a thought leader to share key business insights that enable sound business decisions
- Develop streamlined workflows (via systems and process implementation) to deliver timely pricing to the members of the go-to-market team and create scale
- Build repeatable processes to optimize data models and overall pricing execution
- Work cross-functionally to execute on governance standards for deal approvals and escalation of non-standard deal requests, understanding the impact that various deal elements may have in Sales negotiations
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, accounting, finance, science or another quantitative field
- At least 5-7 years of strong financial/quantitative analytical experience and ability to work with large datasets
- Relevant past roles include: Accounting, FP&A, Product Managers, Consulting
- Independent, self-motivated, and a strong team member in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Eager to lead in complex deal structuring and negotiations.
- High standards of accuracy and precision while still understanding the overall strategic implications
- Professional experience in data analysis and manipulation, and the ability to produce meaningful insights related to deal modeling or financial scenarios; must be proficient in Excel/Sheets
- Executive presence, strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to present complex pricing structures and scenarios in a clear and concise way
- Ability to work independently and capable of seeking information in an unstructured environment, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results with tight turnarounds
- Direct pricing or Deal Desk experience
- Healthcare background
- Graduate degree (MBA, Masters in Finance, Masters in Accounting)
- Deep knowledge of Salesforce reporting and data fields
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $106,700 - $158,750 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $88,900 - $132,250 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
- Remote-first culture
- 401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
- Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
- Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
- 12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
- Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
- Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
- 11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
- Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
- 24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.