Technical Program Manager, Engineering Operations
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
Our Technical Program Management team drives strategic projects, exercise their technical expertise, and solve new problems every day. Our team sits within the entire engineering, product, data and design organization (EPDD) and has visibility into strategic product initiatives, operational efficiency, and data integrations across multiple systems. Beyond driving programs and projects across the organization, our team strives to improve the day-to-day working lives of everyone in engineering, product, and design. We help other teams with templates, process recommendations, and support to enable the best work, debates, and outcomes not only for our members but the company as well.
You build trust with individuals and are routinely perceived as informed, extremely well organized, and brimming with ideas. You have a lifelong passion for learning new things and understanding a level beyond “just the documentation”. As a result, you deliver and you deliver on-time. More and more people over time seek your recommendations, input, and insights. You are expected to build strong relationships not only within EPDD but outside the organization as well. You will go beyond the checklist in a project plan and become thought partners with leaders to proactively solve problems before they become risks.
- Lead analysis and optimize operational improvements for the engineering organization
- Partner with leadership to improve engineering and product roadmap planning and execution speed
- Drive engineering onboarding program to accelerate time to value of new engineers joining
- Manage engineering budget and vendor spend. Partner with procurement on new software requests and renewals
- Organize and facilitate the incident response and review process to ensure incidents are resolved in a timely manner, post mortems are completed, and key learnings are shared across the organization
- Oversee engineering operations to ensure teams are adhering to defined SLO’s (bug triage and resolution, incident response and resolution, etc.)
- Assess and streamline on call rotation, processes, and tools so that we have consistent processes across engineering
- Partner with product security and act as the engineering liaison for the vulnerability management program. Assess results from vulnerability audits, partner with engineering teams to prioritize fixes, and track and report on resolution
- Organize, facilitate, and contribute to engineering community events such as town halls, tech talks, hackathon and leadership summits/conferences
- Develop and implement metrics and dashboards to track key performance indicators and measure the effectiveness of engineering operations initiatives
- Provide program management leadership to cross organizational engineering initiatives that impact all of engineering
- Partner with engineers to gather pain points and come up with programs where we can help resolve these pain points and increase engineering efficiency
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, and scope updates, and progress towards target outcomes (i.e. key results)
- 3+ years of experience as Technical Program Manager
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Experience with working collaboratively with engineering teams and management to understand pain points and devise practical solutions
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively manage across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction
- Ability to communicate highly technical problems and solutions at all levels from engineer to executives
- Ability to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment
- Experience is building dashboards and using data to make informed decisions
- Excellent organization, planning skills, and attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems and 24x7 production operations
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving to building products
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $156,200 - $232,400 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $130,200 - $193,650 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through Fidelity
Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit
Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.