Health Plan Sales, Regional Vice President
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
About Included Health
Included Health is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical.
We are the combination of three industry leading healthcare companies, which joined forces in the first half of 2021 to reinvent the healthcare experience. Grand Rounds Health was a market leader in personalized care guidance, navigation & advocacy services, powered by deep data science and clinical insights. Doctor on Demand was the leading virtual care and behavioral health company that was first to market with the personalized, longitudinal care Virtual Primary Care model in 2019. And Included Health created the category of bespoke care navigation model to support the varied & unique needs of marginalized populations, starting with its revolutionary model in support of the LGBTQ+ community. The combined company adopted the name “Included Health'' which now refers to the full combined company.
Today, we serve over 250 leading enterprise clients directly and we also count more than 25 leading health plans as clients. Our products deliver on our clients’ most pressing priorities, whether those are employee engagement, membership growth, cost savings, access to care, or care equity. And we measure success on those dimensions with a rigorous commitment to outcomes that is enshrined in our company values.
If you are deeply committed to raising the standard of healthcare, we invite you to join us.
About the Team
At Included Health, we aspire to be the partner of choice for health plans looking to elevate their member experience, improve clinical outcomes, and transition to value-based care. Health Plan Solutions is the team responsible for driving growth in the health plan market -- both through acquiring new clients for the business as well as expanding our partnerships with current clients.
Our solution suite is particularly well aligned to the most pressing C-Suite priorities at all health plans. Whether our clients are focused on cost containment, improving access to care (including behavioral health), member experience & membership growth, or diversity, equity & inclusion, we have solutions that can help them achieve their goals. The Health Plan Solutions team represents that full suite of offerings in the market, including:
- Virtual Care: Everyday & Urgent Care, Virtual Primary Care & Virtual Specialty Care
- Behavioral Health: Virtual Therapy & Psychiatry as well as Chat-Based Coaching
- Included Health Communities: Bespoke navigation solutions for marginalized populations (LGBTQ+ Communities is currently available, Black Communities offering currently under development)
- Expert Medical Opinion & Virtual Specialty Care: Connecting complex & high-cost members with world class experts to improve their health outcomes and drive material cost savings
- Navigation: Digital & live member support to help them resolve any and all healthcare needs
We are counting on growth in the health plan market to outpace growth in the broader company & the market as a whole. The Health Plan Solutions team is the team expected to make that growth a reality.
About the Role
As a Health Plan Solutions RVP, you will be responsible for driving sales in your assigned health plan accounts with a quota tied to bookings achieved each year. Your assigned accounts will consist of a mix of current Included Health clients as well as new logo targets. For your assigned current clients, you will partner closely with the Client Success Manager assigned to the account to develop and execute a plan to expand the relationship and grow our partnership. For your new logo targets, you will be responsible for the entire sales lifecycle -- from prospecting & driving initial discussions through solutioning, negotiating & closing the contract.
Health Plan Solutions RVPs are responsible for understanding our client’s or prospect’s key business needs or the problems that they are trying to address and for bringing a solution to them that helps them accomplish their goals. You are expected to have a deep understanding of the multiple stakeholders involved in any purchasing decision for a health plan and for ensuring that we navigate our targeted organizations to get the buy-in and support necessary to advance our partnership goals. Internally, you function as a conductor, tapping into and coordinating the right internal resources to progress an opportunity throughout the sales process. You are supported by our product general managers, product marketing team, solutions consulting team, actuarial & analytics teams, proposals team, finance team & legal teams to get a deal across the goal line. You are held accountable for and rewarded for the outcomes that your efforts produce.
In your first 30 days:
- Onboard with the Included Health team through general and GTM specific training, with a heavy focus on developing a threshold level of understanding on the full product suite and understanding our commercial process for progressing deals through a sales cycle
- Conduct initial meet & greets with key collaborators across the organization, including the product general managers, marketing team, solutions consulting team, proposals team & pricing team
- Shadow existing Health Plan Solutions RVPs on their current opportunities and experience share with them to accelerate your onboarding
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating the full suite of products / categories where Included Health has offerings and the value proposition those offer for health plans
In your first 60 days:
- Conduct formal certification on your product knowledge & ability to articulate the Included Health value proposition
- Collaborate with current Health Plan Solutions RVPs on opportunities already in flight where your knowledge, network, or expertise may help us advance the opportunity
- Nurture & cultivate your internal network across the go-to-market organization and beyond
- Share feedback on our messaging approach and how it’s landing (we want your ideas and perspective)
- Engage with Product / Engineering teams to share market feedback, understand product roadmap, provide input
- Engage with Product GM’s to provide input on packaging, market competitiveness, future priorities
In your first 90 days:
- Receive your account assignments and begin prospecting / developing early-stage opportunities
- Provide candid feedback directly to VP, Health Plan Solutions & Growth Initiatives on the product suite, value proposition, and messaging resources at your disposal to drive improvement and / or refinement
What makes you a great fit - Your Disposition, Preferences & Motivators:
- An ability and desire to work in a rapidly changing / dynamic environment and to take ownership of achieving your goals in those conditions
- A hunger to operate in an environment where you are “creating the future” of how the organization develops products for, sells to, and creates value for health plan clients
- A “collaborative influencer” - you collaborate well with others internally and externally and channel the influence you generate through that collaboration to ensure the goals, projects, and deliverables are advancing
- Strongly motivated by a “pay for performance” culture where you have the opportunity for significant rewards tied to the revenue you bring in to our business
Your Experience, Skills, and Historical Outcomes
- 5+ years of experience working at or selling to health plans and / or TPAs
- For candidates who have sold to health plans previously, we prefer candidates who have sold a multi-product portfolio of both “point solutions” and strategic, solution-oriented offerings with a track record of quota attainment / outperformance
- A demonstrated ability to close complex deals
- A strong network of health plan executives / decision makers that you can tap into quickly to generate pipeline
- The ability to manage a complex sales process as a “conductor” -- coordinating the the activities of many internal participants and external stakeholders / decision makers to efficiently progress opportunities through the sales cycle
- Proficient at digging into the technical and operational details and collaborating with internal resources to to deliver high-quality proposals and solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex information and messages to a broad and diverse audience
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: $125,700 - $191,700 + equity + benefits
Zone B: $150,800 - $230,000 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share your geographic zone alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for commission based on work performance and sales achievements. Details of the Commission Structure, including rates, targets, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to receiving a competitive base salary, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
Remote-first culture401(k) savings plan through FidelityComprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO") 12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leaveUp to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment) 11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid HolidayWork-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work 24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the specific salary range and benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.