Statutory Financial Accountant
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Sunday, April 9, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is hiring a Statutory Financial Accountant to be based out of the Penang Shared Service Center. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting as well as driving data integrity and compliance.
As we continue to grow, we are looking for a self starter who is autonomous, hard working and structured with excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, will be comfortable with ambiguity, and will be ready roll up your sleeves to see ideas, projects and new initiatives through to the end.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare audit & statutory financials files for all Companies under job responsibility
- Act as a single point of contact during the Statutory Financial Statement (SFS) preparation & statutory audit and address auditor questions during audit
- Prepare reconciliation pack between US GAAP & Local GAAP for management review, respond to review questions etc
- Manage compliance reporting while ensuring timely filing of all statutory accounts for area of responsibility
- Ensure that statutory timing differences are addressed appropriately from US GAAP perspective; that no permanent differences arise
- Support tax team on yearly tax submission
- Degree in finance/accounting
- 5 -7 years relevant general accounting experience
- 4+ years in audit or statutory filling field experience
- Proficiency in MS application as well as Google suite
- Good time management skills and well organized
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Self-started and able to work independently with minimal supervision
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?