Head of Global Sourcing and Procurement
kunshan, suzhou, jiangsu, china
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Lime is looking for a strategic, progressive, and transformational professional to lead the company’s global sourcing, supplier management, and corporate procurement activities, reporting to the Chief Hardware and Supply Chain Officer. Lime draws a vital source of competitive advantage in the marketplace by developing its custom hardware. This role will own all aspects of strategic sourcing - including sourcing strategy & process, team capability development, supplier selection & performance management, contract negotiations, risk management, and sustainability initiatives. On the non-product side of the business, this role will also manage the company’s non-product spending, which includes MRO purchasing, technology services and contracts, HR services, travel, and EV fleet management.
The ideal candidate will have global experience working in rapidly evolving, high-growth, high-tech environments, with a track record of driving transformation, execution excellence, and scalability. You are a collaborative business partner, with the ability to build relationships, influence and drive strategic initiatives across functions and company lines. You are a builder of high-performance teams that are data-driven, innovative, committed to excellence, and resilient. You are a continuous learner and thrive on your ability to solve complex problems that deliver meaningful and sustainable impact to the business.
We are a remote-first company and welcome applications from European and Asian countries where Lime operates, as well as the western United States.
What you will do:
- Create, develop, and lead a world-class sourcing and supplier management organization and associated workflows to deliver the best in class vehicle quality, cost, and technology to our riders worldwide.
- Leverage our market leadership position to attract and build relationships with the industry’s best and most sought-after suppliers - with engagements that deliver maximum strategic value.
- Create and drive collaborative sourcing strategies, plans, and processes that enable the long-term success of our business, in support of our vehicle roadmaps and product development activities now and in the future.
- Lead early engagement with Lime product teams to influence technology and design decisions, mitigate development risks early in the product development phase, and connect Engineering with the best collaboration partners.
- Create/manage/lead cross-functional supplier selection and business award processes - including RFQ preparation, selection criteria, supplier evaluations, and final negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Establish and lead ongoing supplier performance management processes to ensure continuous improvement and strategic alignment with our existing supply base.
- Relentlessly lead and drive supplier cost, quality, and availability improvement initiatives.
- Be the recognized expert for global commodity market trends and information.
- Develop cost models, understand cost drivers, and make technology recommendations to favorably affect our current and future portfolio of products
- Develop long-term sourcing strategies and plans to deliver on Lime’s ambition to be the industry leader in sustainable vehicle design, manufacturing, and deployment.
- Develop initiatives to analyze our corporate non-CapEx spending, develop a plan to drive double-digit productivity gains, and maximize the efficiency of Lime’s OpEx spending and procurement processes.
- Continuously monitor risks, opportunities, and new developments in the global supply chain. Adjust/adapt sourcing strategies and plans to maximize supply chain agility and resilience.
- Coach, develop, and build a high-performance team of sourcing, procurement, and supplier management professionals that have deep expertise, clear deliverables, and KPIs, and execute to high expectations in a rapidly changing environment.
- 12+ years of experience in supply chain management, procurement, strategic sourcing, and/or commodity management in consumer electronics or related industries.
- Extensive experience developing strategic supplier relationships at the executive level. Deep experience managing and negotiating supplier engagements and supply agreements in Asia, Europe, and North America.
- Extensive experience finding, evaluating, setting up, and managing OEM, ODM, JDM, and contract manufacturing relationships in Asia, Europe, or North America.
- Extensive experience developing and executing sourcing strategies that enable rapid growth, manage risk and deliver on cost, quality, and technology objectives.
- 7+ years of experience building, managing, and inspiring high-performing global teams in high-growth environments.
- Intrinsically motivated individual with strong leadership, team building skills, and passion for mission.
- Ability to manage both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to influence and inspire action in others, with or without a direct reporting line.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations, business or related field.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban micro-mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
See more open positions at Lime
Something looks off?