Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
As a General Manager at Lime you are the owner of a large and complex region owning a P&L. You will manage a team of people managers and will guide global internal cross-functional teams including government relations, central ops, product, etc. to drive growth, operational excellence, and profitability for Lime. Additionally, you will develop and maintain relationships externally with city officials, community members and businesses to understand the needs of the region and develop comprehensive global strategies that will help us solve some of the most critical issues.
As the main point of contact for your region you will play an integral role in collaborating cross-functionally with global internal stakeholders such as government relations, central ops, product, etc. to develop strategies that will make an impact and help us overcome some of the most critical issues facing Lime. You will also be the senior most voice for your region representing Lime externally. Building strategic relationships with city officials, community members and businesses to understand the needs of the region and bring this information to your management team so they can successfully execute on these strategies.
What you'll do:
- Own and manage the P&L, team, and strategic direction for a large and complex market or region
- Be the operational expert for your region, champion operational excellence, own end-to-end operational improvements, advising teams and influencing innovation across the company
- Apply your deep understanding of the business mechanics to manage revenue and cost line items to target and conduct regular analysis on your region identifying trends and implementing recommendations to grow and optimize.
- Act as the face of Lime to the region and partners with the Government Relations team to develop policy and strategy for the region
- Attract and develop top-tier operational talent while cultivating a high-performing, values-driven culture driven by regular feedback, clear accountability, and proactive performance management
- Manage cross-functional strategies with a global impact and partner cross-functionally to drive product and operational excellence organization wide
- Spearhead safety initiatives for our staff riders and vehicles to ensure safety remains the #1 priority
- Create a positive, inclusive, and safe workplace where people genuinely want to work
- 7+ years of experience as a highly cross-functional visionary manager within an operations, management consultancy, financial, business analyst, or equivalent role
- Demonstrated background in driving operational excellence
- Experienced in owning a P&L
- Advanced understanding metrics and KPIs and the levers to pull to drive results
- Advanced knowledge of how a warehouse operations works
- 5+ year of experience managing a team of professional level staff for a large and complex market or region
- You love building top-tier teams and have a demonstrated background in developing and motivating your team to perform at their best
- Analytically minded with a strong understanding of real-time marketplaces (supply and demand economics) and the ability to navigate, decode, and use data to build compelling narratives and reports.
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets skills required and knowledge of SQL a major plus
- Comfortable in identifying and resolving complex issues, exercising good judgment in drawing conclusions, while navigating ambiguous environments
- Relentlessly curious, always wanting to dig deeper and understand why, particularly to understand what our customers need
- Excellent communicator with the ability to flex your communication style to internal stakeholders - such as the C-team or your own team - and external stakeholders such as local government
- Detail oriented with a focus on process improvement, self motivated and energetic, with the drive and ability to learn new skills and grow with the role
- Role Location: This is a hybrid position; ideally looking for someone that resides within one of the cities Lime operates in for this position, but not required.
This position offers a base salary, annual performance bonus and equity. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.