Staff Software Engineer, Platform
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team and help us revolutionize the way people move around cities. As a key member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to design and build the core server-side infrastructure to power our fleet of connected vehicles and customer applications globally. You’ll play a vital role in crafting backend systems and hyper-optimized infrastructure that can process boatloads of requests from our IoT devices and consumer-facing apps, including tools that enable our distributed workforce to charge, deploy, and maintain our electric vehicles. And the best part? You get an opportunity to work with a talented group of software and data engineers, scientists and PMs who are passionate about creating innovative solutions for urban transportation!
What You'll Do:
- Identify, define, and solve strategically essential technical problems, including architecting and building highly scalable foundational platforms that enable engineers to rapidly build products.
- Influence architectural decisions with focus on security, scalability and high-performance
- Scrutinize and reason clearly about the technology and architecture choices we make. In many cases, you will be the decider of these decisions.
- Troubleshooting and full-cycle incident response (mitigation, correction, prevention)
- Mentor and lead other engineers at Lime. Identify and develop future leaders.
- Advise Lime’s leadership team on key technology adoption and process improvements.
- Contribute to shaping overall engineering culture at the company.
- 5+ years of industry professional software development experience, and a track record of building and maintaining infrastructure for high scale distributed systems
- Skilled at writing logical and maintainable code, and providing clear feedback in code reviews.
- Care deeply about the developer experience
- Experience with setting up monitoring, metrics & reporting systems for fine-grained observability and actionable alerting
- Skilled at scaling through data-driven capacity planning with hyperscalers (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Expert on relational/NoSQL databases, and container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
The anticipated salary range for this position is CA$153,000.00 to CA$210,000.00. Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.