Senior Manager, Member Experience Operations
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
Who We Are
Ro is a direct-to-patient healthcare company with a mission of helping as many patients as possible achieve their health goals. Ro is the only company to offer telehealth care, at-home diagnostic testing, labs, and pharmacy services nationwide. This is enabled by Ro's vertically integrated platform that helps patients achieve their goals through a convenient end-to-end healthcare experience spanning from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. Since 2017, Ro has helped millions of patients in nearly every single county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts.
Ro was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2022, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2022 for our third consecutive year, and named one of FORTUNE's 2022 Best Medium Workplaces.
This role will be a part of our Member Experience team reporting to our Associate Director, Member Experience Operations, and will work closely with the Senior Director, the Senior Training and Onboarding Manager, and our Associate Director, Strategy & Ops. This person will oversee a growing team currently composed of two Leads, two senior Leads, and over 40 coordinators. This person will be responsible for delivering excellent service through all of our contact channels (primarily email and phone), consistently meeting responsiveness and quality KPIs, leading and developing a team of people managers, and managing projects to continuously improve processes within the team. This person will also have an opportunity to work cross functionally across the organization on initiatives to improve the member experience.
Who are you? Great question. You are a strong people manager with a deep understanding of process and operations, and a passion for customer experience, hospitality, and service. You have experience developing people to roles of increasing responsibility within a customer experience or operations team. Preferably, you’ve worked on teams that have scaled rapidly, and you are comfortable running an operation to high standards during rapid change.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and oversee a team of people managers and front-line coordinators to continuously meet or exceed team expectations, and develop team members into roles of increased responsibility
- Oversee daily operations, set performance standards, and monitor weekly and monthly scheduling to ensure that we meet SLAs
- This role will be responsible for overseeing our exceptional flows, which includes advanced tiers of support, dispute resolution, and pilot projects/channels.
- Ensure that we are continuously improving our quality standards and calibrating within the Lead team to drive consistency and fairness across work evaluations for the coordinator team
- Own performance management for the entire team of Leads and Coordinators; partner closely with the Associate Director and People team to regularly review performance and uphold standards
- Partner cross-functionally with teams such as Nursing and Pharmacy operations to ensure members receive help from the team best equipped to do so
- Partner with Associate Director, Ops and Strategy to ensure that feedback from customers who contact us via phone is synthesized and delivered to cross functional partners across the organization
- Oversee and drive improvement to team processes with an eye for team-wide optimization
- Review staffing requirements and performance to budget regularly with Associate Director of Member Experience
What You'll Bring:
- 6+ years of operational experience in a high-growth contact center or in direct to consumer operations
- Minimum of 4 years managing people, and at least 2 years managing other managers
- Proven track record of delivering on high impact process improvements and being accountable to metrics and KPIs
- Outstanding analytical and creative problem-solving skills, with a strong focus on delivering high quality member experiences
- Incredible communication, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Experience developing early-career people managers to roles of increasing responsibility
- Adept at generating enthusiasm and engagement from front-line associates through a variety of creative methods
- Experience managing a high-growth, high-throughput contact center is a plus
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
We've Got You Covered:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible PTO
- Wellbeing + Learning & Growth reimbursements
- Paid parental leave + Fertility benefits
- Pet insurance
- Student loan refinancing
- Virtual resources for mindfulness, counseling, and fitness
The target base salary for this position ranges from $123,500 to $153,500, in addition to a competitive equity and benefits package (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors, including location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
Ro recognizes the power of in-person collaboration, while supporting the flexibility to work anywhere in the United States. For our Ro’ers in the tri-state (NY) area, you will join us at HQ on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For those outside of the tri-state area, you will be able to join in-person collaborations throughout the year (i.e., during team on-sites).
At Ro, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.