Director of Internal Audit
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, April 7, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over its ten-plus-year history, including our entry into the public markets in the summer of 2021. We are seeking an experienced leader, reporting to both the CFO and the Chair of the Audit Committee, to establish and oversee internal audit. The Head of IA will be responsible for the development and execution of all Internal Audits - including the build out of a high-performing team.
In the first 9 months The primary responsibility of this role will be to lead our SOX compliance program, initially directing a team of outsourced internal auditors and then creating a plan for long-term staffing or co-sourcing, and to coordinate the company’s response to external audit requirements under SOX s404(b).
After successfully establishing Rover’s 404(b) processes, we expect additional responsibilities including, but not limited to, business and IT risk assessments, business process reviews and other compliance audits to move front and center.
The role will require deep expertise in SOX compliance and auditing, the ability to understand and assess risk within a complex IT environment, and sophisticated project management skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and effective communicator, has strong organizational and analytical skills, thrives on the opportunity to work with a large and diverse set of stakeholders, and is able to balance objective assessment with constructive feedback for stakeholders.
- Minimum 8+ years of internal audit, risk management, public accounting, or SOX Audit experience at a public company. Alternative experience would be an Sr Manager level external audit position.
- Experience with operational, compliance and internal audits
- Extensive experience in IT and/or Product Development Audits
- Experience hiring, developing and managing a team while driving deliverables and maintaining strict timelines
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Deep analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Can manage several project assignments simultaneously
- Detailed and team-oriented
- Works independently with latitude for initiative and independent judgment
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Experience at a technology firm
- Assist with the annual planning of internal audit and internal consulting program
- Monitor process and system changes for organizational impact and risk exposure
- Develop test plans for internal audits
- Hire and manage team of auditors - training, guidance, and professional development
- Evaluate deficiencies, and work with control owners on remediation efforts
- Development and maintenance of ongoing status reports and management reporting
- Support the Sarbanes Oxley process by developing year-end memos on control testing conclusions, analyzing data to determine potential materiality, project managing critical remediation initiatives and/or reviewing IA testing
- Provide oversight and management of our Internal Audit program. This requires coordination with important partners to ensure that relevant risks are identified and controls are designed.
- Internal Consulting - Participate in strategic initiatives to assess potential risk (e.g. critical acquisitions, system implementation, significant department reorganizations)
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- 401k Match
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Pet benefits, including $1,000 toward adopting your first dog or cat
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly )
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- In the greater Seattle area the first year total cash compensation (salary and bonus) range is $182,290 - $242,446. In Washington State out side of the greater Seattle area the first year total cash compensation (salary and bonus) range is $180,633- $2240,242. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to all employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
See more open positions at Rover
Something looks off?