Senior Zendesk Application Analyst
Posted on Tuesday, October 24, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
This role will provide technical understanding and support for Rover's CRM tools - specifically Zendesk and Talkdesk. They will participate, directly and at a high skill level, in resolving technical issues within our owned platforms, coordinating the implementation of new features and functionality, and collaborating with partner teams on projects and initiatives. The position calls for a highly qualified, self-motivated employee who has a zeal for improving Rover’s internal and external customer experience and a drive for efficiency and process improvement.
- Evaluate Rover’s use of Zendesk and adjacent applications, and take a leadership role in defining and championing work to improve efficiency and optimize our implementation
- Action a fast-paced queue of issues and requests, prioritizing these according to business impact, and resolving or implementing them in a timely manner
- Maintain expert-level technical understanding of supported applications, with a focus on identifying and surfacing features with potential to elevate Rover’s processes and outcomes
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members, helping them grow in understanding, in their role and along their career path
- Supply thought leadership to operations and internal product roadmaps and other planning exercises, as well as flagging opportunities to increase our platforms’ usability, efficiency, and scalability
- Provide domain expertise to partner teams and leadership, clarifying platform capabilities and preferred solutions
- Lead or participate heavily in projects impacting our supported applications, helping to drive planning and solution design, as well as performing and/or facilitating configuration and other implementation work. These will include large feature rollouts, migrations, integrations, and optimization efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or, in lieu of a degree, comparable relevant work experience
- 3-5 years direct experience administering and optimizing Zendesk implementations for established businesses, ideally with international footprints
- Curious, creative, and driven technologist with well-honed project management/participant, multitasking, prioritization, and communication skills
- Ability to apply technology to address practical business problems
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to re-prioritize as needed in response to evolving business needs
- Dedicated teammate who owns details and looks around corners, and who exemplifies a customer- and solutions-focused approach to challenges
- Ability to understand business processes and translate business requirements into application functionality, including the ability to effectively and compassionately seek clarity from non-technical collaborators
- Good communication capabilities across a variety of channels
Nice to Have:
- Active participant in at least one RFP, RFI, and/or RFQ
- Experience operating in Google Workspace toolset (Gmail/Calendar/Drive)
- Experience working within Agile frameworks such as kanban and scrum, ideally using the Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence)
- Experience with compliance and regulatory requirements, e.g. GDPR, CCPA, SOX, PCI
- Exposure to AI and Chatbots
- We are committed to creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity and diversity both on our teams and through our solutions. We want people to feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work, and to trust that they will be fully valued for who they are and what they can contribute.
- We embrace progressive IT practices, prioritizing cloud and SaaS solutions over on-prem, agile over waterfall (or waterfall in disguise), and are always looking for a better way to solve, for our customers and ourselves
- We're serious about the quality of the services we provide and believe in measuring our performance and striving to improve
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Company Equity (RSU's)
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.