Operations Agent, French Canada Customer Support
Customer Service, Operations
San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an Operations Agent to join our French-Canada Support Team. You'll be responsible for responding to all French-Canadian customer support contacts, ranging from general customer support inquiries to emergency support. You will also be responsible for completing translation and localization projects on a weekly basis, sometimes on a tight deadline.
You'll succeed in this role if you treat customers as part of our community because we are all passionate about the same thing. You never settle for good enough and always go above and beyond for a customer. You take the initiative to improve yourself and Rover. You bring your unique experiences and passions to your job every day.
To be considered for this role, you must be able to work one or both weekend days and holidays.
***This position is approved for remote work only in the following states: WA, ID, TX, GA, NC, MI & FL***
What you bring:
- Love for pets and people and a desire to keep them safe
- Commitment to doing what is best for the customer and the company
- Capacity to neutrally and empathetically review all sides and perspectives of a situation
- Ability to multitask and crush sometimes repetitive work while maintaining strong ownership
- Sound judgment, exceptional instincts, and a strong moral compass to help you solve problems quickly, sometimes with limited information
- Desire to question policies to create the most efficient workflows for yourself and others
- An analytical mind and calm demeanor that recognizes trends and patterns in everyday work
- A commitment to continuous learning, growth, and improvement -- for yourself and others
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and often ambiguous environment
- A tech-savvy, data-driven decision-making process
- Determination and a strong work ethic
- Excitement to make a meaningful contribution to the team from day one!
- Be an unwavering customer advocate with a commitment to offering World Class Customer Service
- Prioritize and multitask inbound customer contacts by phone, email, and/or messaging
- Manage a large volume of dynamic customer contacts with attention to detail, ownership, and follow-through
- Educate users on how to maintain safety and security while being a responsible member of the Rover community
- Handle escalated customer contacts with coaching and confidently escalate concerns to your leader when appropriate
- Reliably and accurately complete localization and translation projects on time, sometimes with tight deadlines
- Understand and meet expected personal metrics such as: Time to Answer, Time to Resolution, Customer Satisfaction Rating, and more
- Actively participate in team activities and meetings
- Own your mistakes and incorporate feedback and coaching in order to improve
- 1+ years Customer Service experience, or equivalent education or certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in Quebec French, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree or equal experience
- Used Rover as an owner or a sitter
- Experience working with CRM tools and/or ZenDesk
- Experience providing phone, email, and/or chat support
- Demonstrated knowledge of Google Docs/Sheets or similar
- Startup experience
- Experience in a call center environment
- 1+ year of Veterinary, Animal Health, or Animal Training experience
- Professional education in Animal Behavior or Animal Sciences
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Company Equity
- 4 weeks of PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the hourly range is $20.02-$29.63 per hour. In Washington State outside of the greater Seattle area the hourly range is $17.29-$26.41 per hour. Additionally Rover offers equity (RSU’s) and benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.