Product Manager II - Growth
Product, Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
We seek a highly analytical product manager to join our growth team. At Rover, the growth team is focused on a single business outcome - driving new bookings for pet owners in markets around the world. This role will partner with our marketing organization to identify new ways to reach pet owners and bring them into our community.
You will be charged with discovering potential opportunities and focus areas for the team, evaluating those against other business priorities, and working with the design, development, and marketing teams to execute those projects. The ability to research ideas, formulate concrete proposals, set up and execute tests, measure test results, and collaborate with design and development teams is critical to success. Cross-functional engagement is essential.
- 3+ years of product management experience in a software product with a significant user base
- Experience partnering with UX and engineering to bring features to life
- Experience driving and navigating cross-functional collaboration to move forward outcomes
- Experience with testing, funnel analysis, and data analytics
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Comfort with SQL and using spreadsheets to model opportunities (Excel/Google Sheets)
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Bonus points for experience in growth product, digital marketing channels including SEO, and familiarity with marketing technology and tracking tools
- Your curiosity for understanding and enthusiasm for growing Rover’s business
- Your desire to explore new ideas and opportunities leveraging hypothesis-driven thinking, research, and experimentation
- Your ability to partner with UX and engineering to set a long-term vision for your product growth investment, then break it down into smaller investments to learn quickly
- Your passion for understanding our customers and their needs, on both sides of the marketplace
- Your creativity in exploring new potential growth tactics across multiple channels and leveraging the power of our pet-loving community
- You can get the data you need, derive insights, and leverage it to make decisions and drive growth
- You learn your market and competition better than anyone and you integrate this information into your strategies
- You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, and a master disambiguator/simplifier
- You never stop pushing toward clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $129,139-171,755. Additionally, Rover offers benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.