Senior Sales Account Manager
Sales & Business Development
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we’re looking for:
As Senior Sales Account Manager, you will be tasked with building out the sales motion for an exciting new business line at Rover. You will oversee all sales and account management activities for a brand new customer segment: SMBs. This is an exciting, external facing role reporting to the Head of Expansion and working closely with the product development teams. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering sales and account management results with both SMB and enterprise clients. Bonus points will be awarded for candidates who have been part of early stage sales programs from the ground up (including processes and metrics) and who thrive in a dynamic, startup-like environment.
- Own the full B2B sales cycle for prospect SMB and enterprise customers including sales outreach, funnel nurture, pitching and contracting
- Manage the customer onboarding and launch process
- Support existing customer relationships through timely communications, proactive relationship building, creative engagement programing, and escalation of client issues and bugs
- Design and implement processes for a brand new sales and account management motion
- Partner cross functionally with the Marketing, Product, Engineering, Operations, Finance/Accounting, and Legal teams to bring program and processes to life
- Continuously share customer feedback with Product and Expansion Leadership to inform the iteration of our SMB offering
- Develop and iterate performance measures (KPIs) to define the success of the program and inform business decisions
- Some travel (domestic) may be required during launch phase
- 5+ years of demonstrated results in sales and account management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building and cultivating new customer relationships, including cold outbound outreach
- Experience developing new processes from scratch, including go-to-market materials, sales funnel tracking, onboarding processes, and KPI development
- Experience managing the go-to-market of large, sophisticated cross-functional initiatives, specifically in collaboration with product teams
- Fluent in basic analytics (e.g. spreadsheets, funnel metric) and comfortable operating in a highly quantitative environment
- Demonstrated success at building strong cross-functional relationships; can balance the needs of stakeholders with achieving your own objectives
- Preferred experience with with both SMB and enterprise clients
- Preferred experience at a startup or online marketplace company
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities performed in-person and virtually
- In the greater Seattle area the first-year salary range is $99,719-128,513. Additionally, Rover offers benefits to full-time employees.
- The cash compensation offered for this role will be dependent on the candidate's experience, qualifications, skills, and abilities as demonstrated in the interview and hiring process.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.