Manager II, Trust and Safety Operations
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Rover Operations Managers operate in a fast-paced, agile startup and are responsible for ensuring pet parents and pet caregivers receive world-class customer service by coaching and scaling a multi-leveled customer experience team.
Provide leadership to operations front-line teams supporting prevention and problem resolution of a wide range of issues, including those that pose severe risks to the company, users, and animal safety. You will motivate, coach, and develop your team to exceed performance goals, while also empowering them to advocate for the end user.
You will also help advocate for local and global process improvements that empower our operations teams to scale effectively and efficiently. You are comfortable creating and analyzing reports, and then making data-driven decisions to improve both business efficiencies and customer experience.
Who we're looking for:
You'll succeed in this role if you lean into hard conversations, have experience in de-escalation, and have a passion for getting the right solutions for both the customer and the company. You must be impartial, empathetic, and able to resolve issues in the best interest of our users, platform, and brand image. Your ability to identify between what is critical and what is secondary will aid you in being effective in this role.
The nature of this role may require working outside of normal business hours and on weekends/holidays to ensure adequate escalation coverage.
- Recruit, hire, develop and performance manage a team of 4-10 frontline agents supporting customers with resolution of a wide-range of issues, including emergency issues that pose significant risk to the company, users, and animal safety.
- Identify opportunities to improve current processes and propose solutions in order to increase operational efficiency, customer satisfaction and the employee experience.
- Collaborate with Workforce Management to ensure schedules are being optimized, and new hire class needs are being evaluated monthly to meet service level objectives; both for projected peak volumes, but also planned attrition
- Collaborate with leadership to promote an environment of accountability and productivity, including guiding leaders through addressing underperforming employees
- Support the onboarding and training of new agents by partnering with Learning and Development
- Regularly lead cooperative efforts among members of a project focused on improving account safety and fraud recurrence within Trust and Safety.
- Assemble performance reporting by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for internal leaders as well as customer; such reporting may include standing conference calls and/or business reviews
- Serve as an escalation point for high priority requests or complex investigations initiated by our customers
- Synthesizing situations into high level communications suited for senior leadership.
- 3-5 years of managing or leading teams in contact center or Trust and Safety operations required
- 5-7 years of customer service experience preferred
- Business English required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or a related field required
- Able to apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative. Support communication efforts, assess the change impact and support training and sustainment efforts
- Can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately. Leverages this understanding to build credible visions and plans that drive the business forward
- Ability to remain empathetic, and compassionate in high stakes emergency situations, and guide customers to effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively manage employees including a structured communication process to filter information throughout the organization.
- Able to identify trends that support improved customer service, operational efficiency or employee engagement and elevate them to the correct stakeholders.
- Sets clear expectations for job assignments, writes and monitors employee goals, holds employees accountable for job responsibilities and achieving goals, and mentors, coaches, and disciplines employees when necessary.
- Used Rover as an owner or a sitter
- Experience working with CRM tools and/or ZenDesk
- Experience in digital marketplaces (Rover, Airbnb, Uber, etc)
- 2+ years in a senior leadership role where the responsibilities included managing other leaders
- 1+ years of experience in the Veterinary or Animal Health Clinic/Industry, or related field
- 1+ years experience in Insurance Industry/Claims or Trust and Safety Operations
- 1+ years experience in public relations/communication, Social media monitoring and response
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Pension Plan
- Meal tickets through Cobee
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.