Manager I, Localisation Program Management
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, San Antonio, Spokane, and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for a Manager of Localisation Program Management to join our Skills & Knowledge Program Management team with the Trust, Safety and Operations organization. In this role, you will lead the localization team by driving critical initiatives to support business growth and delight our customers. With your functional expertise in people leadership and localization, and with a strong understanding of business strategy and priorities, you will ensure our content and product resonates with our global audience.
- As the Manager of Localisation Program Management, you will play a crucial role in leading a team of localization professionals and adapting our products and content for diverse international markets. You will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive localization strategies to enhance user experience and support our global growth. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, possesses exceptional project management skills, and has a deep understanding of linguistic and cultural nuances.
- Lead, coach, and develop a localization team of direct reports
- Prioritise incoming work requests in alignment with strategic business goals, and assign the work to team members and/or vendors in order to meet SLAs and quality standards
- Define the localization team’s key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics, and create objectives and key results (OKRs) at the team level in alignment with Rover’s strategic priorities and goals. Drive your team’s performance to achieve OKRs and meet KPIs.
- Identify training and development needs within your team, and collaborate with learning and development to meet those needs.
- Facilitate career development discussions and support employees in achieving their professional goals.
- Develop, implement and continuously improve a comprehensive localization execution strategy aligned with the Rover’s global objectives, with guidance from your senior leaders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including International Growth and others, to integrate localization considerations into product development and content creation processes.
- Routinely review key milestones with senior leaders. Troubleshoots major roadblocks and delays autonomously.
- Identify, onboard, and manage relationships with localization vendors, ensuring high-quality and cost-effective services.
- Conduct regular vendor performance reviews and monitor service level agreements to optimize vendor partnerships.
- Oversee the localization of documentation, marketing materials, customer-facing email, images and other content to meet the linguistic and cultural needs of our global markets.
- Work closely with content writers, marketing, and other stakeholders to ensure source content is culturally sensitive and suitable for translation.
- Establish and enforce rigorous quality assurance processes to guarantee the accuracy and consistency of localized content.
- Conduct regular reviews and audits of localized materials to identify and address issues promptly.
- Collaborate with product managers, program managers, marketing teams, growth leaders and other stakeholders to facilitate seamless integration of localization processes.
- Provide guidance on internationalisation best practices to ensure products are designed with global audiences in mind.
Localization strategy and execution:
- Bachelor's degree in Linguistics, Translation, International Business, or related field is strongly preferred
- 2+ years of proven experience as a Manager of Localisation Program Management or similar role in a technology-driven environment.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of direct reports, with responsibility for all aspects of team-level goals/metrics and the employee lifecycle.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- In-depth knowledge of localization tools, technologies, and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams and geographies.
- C1-level (advanced) English language proficiency is required and C2- level (mastery) strongly preferred
- Proficiency in one of the following languages is required: Spanish, French, German or Italian.
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data in order to improve localization cost metrics.
- Ability to build and foster strong stakeholder relationships, establish trust, and achieve alignment across the organization.
Your bonus skills:
- Experience working at a fast-paced tech company or in a startup environment
- Experience working in a marketplace or B2C organization
- Experience working with customer support teams
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Pension Plan
- Meal tickets through Cobee
- Generous PTO Allowance
- Private health insurance
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more
Rover is an equal-opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.