FedRAMP Authorization Specialist
Second Front Systems
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Second Front Systems (2F) seeks a motivated FedRAMP Authorizations Specialist to support our team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial team working at the convergence of technology and national security. The work will be dynamic and wide-ranging supporting the deployment and scale of our Game Warden platform.
As a FedRAMP Subject Matter Expert, you will be instrumental in orchestrating our Game Warden project's compliance with FedRAMP standards. This role demands not only expertise in FedRAMP processes but also exceptional skills in facilitating collaboration across various functional areas within Second Front (2F), including marketing, engineering, finance, and legal departments.
Note: This position requires U.S. citizenship due to government contract requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate activities for maintaining, and updating FedRAMP certification. Coordinate with stakeholders, agency FedRAMP PMO consultants, and the 3PAO assessment team regularly to support continuous monitoring requirements. Generate, update, and maintain continuous monitoring of supporting artifacts to be submitted to the 3PAO monthly
- Manage and facilitate the FedRAMP Program. Coordinate with cross-functional teams for scoping, work breakdown, critical path analysis, resource allocation, time estimates, project risks, and quality assurance
- Guide in interpreting and implementing FedRAMP security controls. Collaborate with teams to align technical solutions with FedRAMP requirements
- Serve as a key Incident Response and Disaster Recovery team member.
- Monitor deliverables and ensure project milestones related to FedRAMP are met according to business goals and objectives
- Brief leadership on project status, coordinate to resolve project blockers, and maintain knowledge of issues and proposed resolutions
- Attend client meetings to identify additional requirements and communicate these to relevant teams for implementation
Skills You’ll Bring to Our Team
- Proven experience leading FedRAMP authorization efforts for cloud services. Expertise in large, hybrid FedRAMP program management
- Strong understanding of NIST standards (800-37, 800-53, 800-171, 800-63, 800-218). Familiarity with AWS, GCP, and on-premise data center solutions for FedRAMP. Knowledge of vulnerability management concepts such as CVE and CVSS
- Ability to quickly change priorities and handle simultaneous tasks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 10+ years of federal government experience with a technical background in cyber security and 5+ years focused on FedRAMP preferably with a 3PAO
- Deep understanding of FedRAMP requirements, NIST Standards, and federal cybersecurity regulations
- Exceptional program management, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- CISSP/CISM certifications or any DoDI 8570.01 IAM Level II certification
Success at 2F Looks Like:
Viewing obstacles as opportunities for growth
Having a bias toward action and tangible, measurable results
Striving to be both compassionate and direct with your feedback
Being team-oriented and inclusive with your actions
Perks & Benefits
This is a full-time role. As a public benefit corporation, we’re a team of purpose-driven trailblazers transforming the future of U.S. national security. We hire the best to do their best and, as such, we are committed to providing the perks and benefits you need to be successful—both in- and outside the workplace.
We offer you:
100% Healthcare, vision, and dental coverage
401(k) + 3% company contribution
Wellness perks (Fitness classes, mental health resources)
Equity incentive planTech + office supplies stipend
Annual professional development stipend
Flexible paid time off + federal holidays off
Work from anywhere
Visit our careers page to learn more.
WHO WE ARE
At Second Front Systems (2F), we equip defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Founded by two former U.S. Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions.
Our Game Warden product, a fully managed and compliant DevSecOps platform, accelerates the process for accrediting software as a service (SaaS) applications for government use.
Learn how 2F can help you make an impact on national security missions at www.secondfront.com
ONE LAST THING…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested—We'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience.