Aviation Sustainment Engineer (R1898)
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
We're on the lookout for a candidate who will assume the role of the Service Operations technical maestro, specializing in aircraft configurations, spearheading research and development initiatives, driving product-line advancements, and adeptly navigating associated challenges. Your mission? Ensuring sustained excellence for both our internal and external customers.
What You'll Do:
- Establish a 24/7 engineering reach-back capability for internal and external V-Bat customers
- Conduct cross-functional coordination to ensure internal aircraft are properly configured and spared to support internal customer requirements
- Coordinate with technical writers and the maintenance team to develop and maintain accurate UAS maintenance manuals
- Support internal research and development projects
- Support UAS upgrades which facilitate greater ease of sustainment and maintenance actions
- Support analysis which leads to accurate sparing solutions for the UAS
- Support development and dissemination of service bulletins and work instructions related to internal UAS hardware
- V-Bat Aircraft Sustainment
- Engineering experience, including support of research and design efforts.
- Significant experience and excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent skills in time management, organization, and cross-functional coordination.
- Ability to manage advanced projects consisting of multiple interrelated projects, in a manner that is largely self-directed.
- Excellent verbal and written ability.
- BS in an engineering field
- 5+ years in an engineering role.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Experience with Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS)
- Experience writing technical documents supporting hardware users and maintainers
- Familiarity with rapid engineering response processes for fielded hardware
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.