Senior Accountant (R2270)
Accounting & Finance
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Are you an accounting expert eager to make a positive difference in both the company you work for and in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission-driven and values-focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As an experienced Senior Accountant for the organization you will lead performance of monthly and quarterly closing procedures for a subset of the business, ensure adherence to the company’s accounting policies, enforce strong internal controls. The accounting areas include (but not limited to) cash, billings/revenue, payables and accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, payroll/benefit, intercompany transactions, ASC 842 lease, foreign offices, and consolidation.
What you'll do:
- Execute monthly/quarterly closing procedures mainly related to cash, fixed asset, prepaid and leases
- Support Treasury function
- Perform analytical evaluation of balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Enforce a strong internal controls environment
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure timely completion of procedures.
- Optimize accounting processes
Projects you might work on:
- Drive accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Implementation of new accounting standards and internal control activities
- At least 5 years experience; preferably with a mix of public and industry experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related area of study
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, detail-oriented, proactive, dedicated, comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Government contracting/compliance experience
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint
- Proficient with MS Office 365 applications
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.