C++ Software Engineer, Network Communications (R2298)
Marketing & Communications, Software Engineering
San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 3, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
Come work with Shield AI’s EdgeOS team as a C++ Software Engineer, Network Communications! We are a core group on the Hivemind Foundations team developing Shield AI’s critical robotics communications framework and its ecosystem. Hivemind Foundations integrates with all the domains in our business (ME, EE, SWE, DevOps, SysOps, Embedded, Cloud, etc.) and gets to work on some very exciting projects. You will be a part of cross-functional teams that solve problems with some of the best and kindest in the business, and you will be contributing to a safer future for soldiers and civilians while learning more about cutting-edge autonomy.
What you'll do:
- EdgeOS Communications: Framework for network communications, service discovery, and more
- Create DSL code generators to help build autonomy systems
- Investigate and implement best practices for high-reliability systems
- Provide software development guidance to teams across Shield AI
- Realtime C++ in automotive/aerospace/game-engine/robotics or similar field
- At least 5 years of experience in C++11 or later
- Strong foundation of C++ API design
- Experience with network programming (e.g. libraries such as zeromq, asio, UNIX Sockets, Windows Winsock)
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience writing (soft/hard) real-time systems
- Experience shipping and supporting a software product
- Demonstrated record of working hard, being a kind and trustworthy teammate, and holding yourself and others to high standard
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant engineering or science degree
- Experience writing resilient networking systems for unstable radio networks
- Distributed computing w/ networking experience
- Computer Science degree
- Familiarity with C++17
- Familiarity with Conan/CMake
- Python experience
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.