Senior Navigation Engineer (R2511)
Dallas County, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
As a Senior Navigation Engineer on the V-Bat autopilot team, you will engage deeply with the GPS aided and denied solution navigation filter. You will be responsible for helping the team identify and add new sensors to the solution as well as consume measurements from those new sensors to improve our state estimation. You will also be the primary interface to the Hivemind Edge team to enable a tightly integrated robust navigation system with the vehicle autopilot. Finally, this position interfaces with the Hivemind Engineering team and the AI Pilot algorithms for high level command and control capabilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 4 years and a Master’s degree; or 2 years with a PhD; or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in Kalman filtering techniques.
- Proven track record in IMU/GPS integration projects.
- Extensive experience in addressing challenges posed by GPS-denied environments.
- In-depth understanding of vision-based navigation systems.
- Proficiency in using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Basic proficiency in C++, along with a genuine enthusiasm for collaborative work with software engineers during transitional phases.
- Strong analytical skills, coupled with a meticulous attention to detail and a natural ability to excel both independently and as an integral part of a synergized team.
- Eligibility to obtain a security clearance.
- Prior experience with military aircraft or high-reliability, safety-critical systems.
- Seasoned understanding of sensor fusion, state estimation, and associated techniques.
- Track record of successfully working with Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) solutions.
- In-depth familiarity with dead reckoning methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Maritime Vision-Based Navigation Solutions.
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.