Linux OS Engineer (R2393)
San Diego, CA, USA · San Diego, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Introduction to Shield AI
Founded in 2015, Shield AI is a venture-backed defense technology company whose mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. In pursuit of this mission, Shield AI is building the world’s best AI pilot. Its AI pilot, Hivemind, has flown a fighter jet (F-16), a vertical takeoff and landing drone (V-BAT), and a quadcopter (Nova). The company has offices in San Diego, Dallas, Washington DC and abroad. Shield AI’s products and people are currently in the field actively supporting operations with the U.S. Department of Defense and U.S. allies.
As a Linux OS Engineer, you will work on bringing up the software stack for new hardware platforms. Responsibilities include producing OS releases, platform security design/implementation, and platform performance analysis. Working closely with the autonomy and AI foundations teams, your contributions will become the software and security foundations for Shield AI products.
What you'll do:
- Create custom Linux OS images for multiple platforms
- Implement and manage build processes for Linux OS images
- Create and manage OS build artifacts
- Implement software libraries and tools for system diagnostics and testing
- Implement and maintain platform security processes at the OS level
- 8+ years experience
- Bachelors in CS, CE, or EE
- Strong C background a must
- Linux Kernel Development
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- You have creation and maintained Linux OS images
- You have knowledge of SystemD services and configuration
- You have experience implementing platform security at the OS level
- You have proficiency with C, Python, or C++
- You have experience with Linux kernel configuration and device tree management
Total package details:
Regular employee positions: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Temporary employee positions: Hourly within range listed above + temporary benefits package (applicable after 60 days of employment)
*Interns/Military Fellows/Part-time not eligible for bonus, benefits or equity
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.